Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I ran this morning!!!!



Well, I must confess, I gained 10 lbs this holiday between the great food of one mother and one mother-in-law.....(and man it was almost worth it, heh..... so anyway it felt so good to get back on track at the track, heh. You really have no idea how much you miss it until you get to do it again. I noticed this was the first time I ran since Oct. 31st!!!! Holy cow that is a long time, but I guess that is what a torn hamstring, tendonitis, death of a loved one, Thanksgiving, and Christmas will do to ya, heh.... but my new year resolution is to loose 65 lbs by the middle of next year!

So with that goal in mind...I need all of you to hold me accountable!!! Desperately! So.... Nike and Apple listened to me and they created a widget for the blog that will show all of you my workout progress and the gaol I have set for myself. It is over there on the right side of the blog... you can see that I set my goal for Jan. to be 15 miles.... I run on average a mile a day 4-5 days a week, so I hope to reach this goal for the month...and I have said that if I do not reach my goal then I will not drink any soda at all in the month of Feb..... so here goes the fun!!!

OK, also I added my Video blog to the bottom of the blog, as well as, gave this blog some Bawls.... I knew it had some, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that it had two and notice they are sugar free too, heh...

Oh....and if anyone has a Nike+ iPod adapter (or got one for Christmas)...and would like to join in the challenges I have created or the ones I am in...please just email me and I will add you to be invited! Thanks!

Yall have a wonderful week, and keep an eye on that running progress for me...I need all the accountability I can get! Oh and if you ever eat with me make sure I do not eat any carbs....well, a low amount of this if possible...thanks! KUTPs!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!! I encourage and encourage you to continue. Really, feeling good from exercise is wonderful. Glad you can be back to do it. Love, Mom

margaretm said...

Way to go running! It can be hard to make yourself do that...

Hey, doesn't Chai have carbs? 8-)

P.S. I linked your site on mine, hope that's okay!

DGH said...

Chai does have carbs and sugar, but not when you get the tea bags of it..... heh

Ray Hughes said...

hey DJ...I have a Nike+ and have been wanting to join some challenges...invite away.

-Ray (ray@sgiumc.org)

DGH said...

Cool Ray I have sent you an invitaton... all the other guys I normally run with seem to have not run in a long time too, they have not acceptedte challenge, heh...anyway it might just be us...but that will still be fun! Thanks...ohand it is DG...not DJ.... but you knew that...and thanks fr giving me a hard time, heh