Monday, November 13, 2006

West Texas

Here are a few shots of West Texas...and the 3rd most important part of it...Cotton! This is a shot of a cotton field..and as you can see it just keeps on going into the flat land of West Texas! This is not the best example of a fruitful field...there were a few that were AMAZINGLY coated in little white bowls of fluff (and seeds, heh) But, my parents just stopped on the side of the road to let me get a few pictures of the sight!

Close up...and ready for harvest!

Here is a shot of the Cap Rock! This s the place that it goes from VERY flat to "normal" country. I liked the shot because it was very clear where it starts and stops.

And this is just the tip of one of the wings of the planes flying from Houston to Indy. I love that curved tip! Well, I will be fixing REAL TX Chili for tonight, because the Monday evening Organic Gathering will be coming over for a Chili cookoff! I rarely win these cook-offs, mainly because people around here have no idea what chili is, but oh well, and I am sure that Tiffany will enter a big bowl of New Mexico Green Chili...which is not TX chili either...it is just cut up NM green pepper chilies, heh heh.... but they do go good in regular chili. ha ha ha...... and some of you might be wondering... 3rd best thing in West Texas? Well that is easy 2nd best thing=Sun rises and sun sets (both are equally awesome!...and the best thing in West Texas?...................... the people! No greater people in the world than the hospitality, an character found in West Texans! no offense to those of you who read this blog and are not fro West Texas.....Yall are filled with hospitality and character too....but I am speaking in generalities here, heh..... (and yes I know this will get lots of comments...heh heh heh.... KUTPs!!! and know I love yall.....(some of yall I love anyway, ha ha ha ha ha)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Cap...makes me homesick just looking at it. It makes me think of the time I was thirteen and just learning how to drive. I would drive my Dad along the caliche backroads to check on oil leases all up and down the Cap in between Lovington and Maljamar. There were a few times that I didn't think the old, old pickup I was driving would make it back up the side of the Cap (it's really steep). Thanks for the memories, Deeg!
CB

Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, if it doesn't have green chiles in it, it ain't chili, and don't even get me started on people who think beans go in chili!!!
CB

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get the phots of West Texas. Mom

DGH said...

Photos are working now, and Thanks Cody! Yeah, my chili has lots of Green Chili in it and Amen to the lack of beans!!!! It is Chili...and MEAT!!!!

Greg said...

I must totally agree with you on the three things DG. Although I will say that watching the sunset over mountains and the ocean is one of the perks here in Cali. I remember working on a road construction crew aournd Anson, and someone actually pulling over and asking me what that plant was that was in all the very unifor rows. You could have knocked me over with a wet noodle.

Anonymous said...

Green pepper Chillies Dg??? Come on you lived in New Mexico to stop calling the most amazing chilie on earth peppers didn't you? Just Kidding but it is amazing and I am ready to get my fix in a week from today!

DGH said...

Yes, Reese, but if I call them just Green Chilies then Texans just think that I am talking about a meat filled supper dish served with crackers...so I had to explain that they are a New Mexico grown pepper. And that is what they are, even though they are only called chilies in the Land of Enchantment. heh heh... thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Ha I guess we can let it slide then. :)

Anonymous said...

A MARSHMALLOW PLANT!

DGH said...

Wow Justin...that could only come from a KY boy, heh