Monday, October 16, 2006

the one about the boy in my office on Sunday....



October 15, 2006

There was a little boy in my office after church. It is not unusual for me to work in my office on Sundays after church, because I spend so much more time out side of my office and in Starbucks developing non-manipulative relationships, that any time I am in my office I try to make use of it as much as possible. So, I was in my office just like I normally am, and sure enough this boy comes in because he knows my office has lots of toys to play around with and he knows I love to let them play with them…even if I have to work…so he decided to play with the magnet darts and I encouraged him as he threw them each time…and the id was not too bad at all…probably could have beat me if he wanted to…and he told me that he was not really aiming…he was just throwing it…. So as he threw I worked…and he kept talking himself up and how good of a dart thrower he was…and of course I was helping him out with his dart throwing self esteem…and then he got real quiet. I noticed that he was placing one dart in the bull’s eye center and then the rest around the center dart. He kept one dart and threw it at the board and excitedly told me, “Hey wook! I got it in the Bullth’s eye!”…. his mom walked in and I asked him, “did you really throw that dart and it hit the bull’s eye?” And guess what his answer was…. Yep! My response, “are you sure?” “yep”, wow…what do you think mom do you think that he threw that dart and got the bull’s eye?” mom’s reaction, a smile. The boy left happy as all get out…living a lie.

When is the last time you lived a lie? Are you living a lie right now? I have good news… you don’t have to! Lies can be reversed and destroyed!! It might be painful killing that lie…but I promise you it is worth it!

3 comments:

JD said...

true that man.

Markus Watson said...

I gotta say that's a great story--though sad considering it's demonstrative of our sinfulness. I'm gonna cut and paste this and save it as an illustration for future sermons, if you don't mind...

DGH said...

Don't mind at all man...it is an honor!