Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The one abou tmy trip to lexington yesterday....

Hey everyone: Here are a few of my pictures from yesterday. I ate with a professor of mine that was interested in Th3 Waters and it was a wonderful discussion, and just like every time I talk to a scholar, I am encouraged even more by what we are being and doing @ Th3 Waters. It just in my soul feels right and it seems like everyone else feels the same...I am just a little worried that it will not grow in the time that the conference thinks it should grow...but we will see what God desires for ti to be in the future! so, anyway the I met up with Christ and his mom. Chris is a good friend of ours and his mom is very sweet too! so here they are....

Did I mention that Chris has a turtle? Actually he has two of them and they are awesome! I loved trying to take a picture of one! I am still trying to learn my camera, but every now and then a decent shot comes out...so here is one just to give you an idea. I bet these turtles are almost as big as a silver dollar! They just rock!













And here is a photo of me and the two newest members of The Kingdom down in front! Steven and Deborah were baptized yesterday in a Methodist church that actually has a dunking pond (well, immersion baptistery for those that want a less hick term, heh) Gary the Sr. Pastor of Florence (my co-worker) is on the far right and the kids' grandfather is beside me who did the actual immersion. It was a great time for everyone that showed up and those kids are so cute!

Well that is it for now...... I went on Monday to hear Fred Craddock talk to the KY Annual Conference pastors! It was wonderful, and I plan on putting up all the key notes (and a few stories of course) from the day lecture. He is such a wonderful man, and even though I rarely do traditional preaching that he teaches...it is still refreshing for me to be around such a man of wisdom and passion (not to say Gary is not any of those either, heh heh) Yall have a wonderful week, and KUTPs!!! Tiffany went in on Monday for a stool sample to check and see if her loose stool could be caused by a raging case of bacteria infection in her intestines. She now has antibiotics, but the test results have not come back...she feels a little better, but still has the problem!!! We timed her...and it only takes 1 hour and 7 mins for the food to go through her...amazing if you ask me! Anyway thanks for the prayers and please keep them up! Thanks and God bless yall! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your posting of what happened at the first of this week and the new pictures. The pictures seem a bit dark on my computer. Is this true for everyone--or just that you are still learning? I loved the turtle, and I too pray for the waters to grow faster, but a solid foundation does not come with rushing. I pray for Tiffany to have even longer times between bathroom visits. May God's power and grace still radiate from your very being.

Anonymous said...

Immersion?

What are you, Baptists!!!
CB

(PS...Before anyone gets offended, I am a Baptist who grew up in the Methodist church.)

DGH said...

offended? what do you think I am Baptist?

Ha Ha ha ha....

(PS...I have always been Methodist...and I still lov eyou Cody!)

Anonymous said...

Touche.
CB

PS...I still love you in the most MHCWP!!!!

Chris Handy said...

Umm...where are the pics of us and the giant mongolian!?! haha