Thursday, August 10, 2006

The one about my identity theft on eBay, running with Nike and apple by my side, and I have been tagged......

I think I am dreaming:


yep I am...man I am hungry and tired...so this picture is what I do most of the time, while I am on a diet and waking up early to run each morning! mmmmm sushi boat! (insert Homer Simpson hunger talk)


Hey everyone look I just posted another post within one week of each other! I have not done that in forever...well forever is a long time, but long enough for most of yall to not check the blog each day/week(/or even each month)...so as always I apologize for the long time between posts, but I will attempt to be better at it and I promise that somewhere down the line I will apologize again and again and again. Oh well such is life!

Well, live is going good now-a-days. I think every now and then I get into a funk about work/life/children/etc... and my mind tends to deal with everything all at one time and then I find myself sitting in the corner of a padded room with a padded coat and a door with a small window and a small slit in the door that food comes to me every so often......

Well it is not that bad...but I do try to take everything that I need to do in one week or one month and think that it all needs to be done that day! and then I get stressed out and then just shut down and become complacent for a few days (Tiffany would say "more like a few weeks" right here, ha ha) But I am out and I have emerged from the funk... (not depression...just stress, just in cause those of you who care so much about me are getting worried right here...and besides you (readers of the D.G. blog) of all people out there should know that I have a tendency to exaggerate things, ha ha ha)

I contribute many things to getting out of the funk... Finishing my sermon for last week and this week (I will put it up here soon once I polish it and get the right credit to where it is due from where I got my research from), playing around with my new iPod, and playing around with my new Nike+/Apple iPod accessory that gets me out of bed in the morning excited to go run!

That leads me to the Nike+/Apple cool thing I bought!!!!


Man this thing is soooo cool! Ok so if you own an iPod and you work out...then you really should just splurge and shell out $30 to get this product (and some of you would not even consider that a splurge!) What does it do you may ask? (insert annoying tv salesman voice here) Well, let me tell you, heh heh....

Basically the Nike + iPod is two small items..... One plugs directly into your iPod (it is very small and looks just like the other iPod products...crisp and clean design). The other thing is a small round device that is designed to be inserted into special Nike+ shoes. BUT.... I am not going to be suckered into buy new shoes...Especially since I went to a run walk shop and bought shoes that are supposed to be perfect for my feet and run/walk style...so I just did what this guy did and attached the round transmitter to the tongue of my shoe under my shoe laces.

And it works GREAT!

OK so why do I want you to buy one? Well,

#1... It is a great motivator to start/restart to work out! I mean seriously I never want to run or work out and I am loving it now.


#2....Not only can you keep progress of your workouts...but you can actually run with me! Yes that is right...if you get one and sign up then we can challenge one another (unlimited number that I can tell) and we have have races for distance, time, or number of runs all in a specific time...so... you can create a challenge to see who can run the most miles in 14 days (2 weeks)....or the fastest mile in one week...etc... the possibilities are limitless, and for those of you who can actually run a mile or 20 without stopping......(watch out I am coming up from behind, heh) then you can compare your stats with people all over the US and/or the United Kingdom!

This thing really is amazing and I would love some company to run with....even if you really would kick my butt!...So If you own an iPod, join this fat guy and lets go running....well more like a very slow jog and walk for me right now)!

I wonder if they have some way of showing my running progress on this blog? hmmm....

---------------------------

Ok what else is going on?

Well, I got tagged by Markus Watson over @ StreachyChurch Blog (<--- read more about the tag right there) who I prerached for yesterday (Sermon is coming soon to the blog)...so let me get that out of the way...and then tag someone else.... 1. One book that changed your life: (Other than The Bible I am guessing...) The New Testament and the People of God (Christian Origins and the Question of God) by N.T. Wright

2. One book that you ha’ve read more than once:
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

3. One book you would want on a desert island:
(again assuming something other than the Bible)
The Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Throw in The Hobbit (by J.R.R. Tolkien) and The Complete Far Side by Gary Larson and I would be expreamly happy...as long as I had something other than the paper in the books to use for fire and toilet paper)

4. One book that made you laugh:
Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi by David A. Crowder

5. One book that made you cry:
Moments With The Savior by Ken Gire

6. One book you wish had been written:
a.k.a. "LOST": Discovering Ways To Connect With People Jesus Misses Most by Jim Henderson

7. One book you wish had never been written:
I first was going to say The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church...but you know I really do love that book, and it is a part of me and I am a part of it...but sometimes...just like my body it is a love hate relationship, heh.
So..... I guess it would be The Book Of Mormon.

8. One book youÂ’re currently reading:
Seizing Your Divine Moment: Dare to Live a Life of Adventure by Erwin Raphael McManus

9. One book youÂ’ve been meaning to read:
Taking Heaven by Storm: Methodism and the Rise of Popular Christianity in America by John H. Wigger
and
Simply Christian: Why Christianity Makes Sense by N.T. Wright

10. Tag 5 others:

Cory Britt @ coryonomics
J.D. Walt @ FARMstrong
Nate Howard @ My Blog (Mac Style)
Fitz @ Fitz's Random Ramblings
and John Choi @ John Choi

And the tag has been finished... Usually I ignore tags...but it is hard when you want to look smart and show people that you actualy can read! Even though I would have prefered doing movies in the same mannor...oh well.... now what is next.....

-------------------------------------

AAAAHHHHH, Yes! Ebay identity thieft!

Well, I went to check my email and I noticed that in my email junk folder was a few ebay emails telling me that I had posted a few auctions. Well, I just ignored them because I thought they were spoofing emails , phishing emails , or just plain old SPAM. heh.

But, then I got a few in my inbox instead of my junk mail...and so I decided to log into my ebay account and seewhat is up...and yep, someone figured out my password, or secrete queston answer, and they started posting auctions under my name, etc.... it was crazy! I started freaking out and contact ebay and I got it all taken care of.... but it sure was crazy for 2-3 hours though. I immediatly closed the open auctions, and emailed te finished auctions and email the buyers to not pay anything that, because my idienty had been stole and the auctions online were fraud. Ebay suspeded my account so I could change my password and secret question and then opened it back up....I then went on to change my paypal password, email password, etc.... So... this is a prime example to show all of you that you really need to change your password every 4-6 months! Please do this.... I promise you wil save yourself a lot of heartache, stress, and freaking out!!

-----------------------

Oh and I wanted to send everyone to Tiffany's Youth Group's new blog!!! I figured out how to make Google Calendar to be inbedded on the blog...so now Tiffany's youth and parents have a one stop place to find out the info going on @ youth Group!!!! We are hopeing that this blog will replace the newsletter and make it easier on everyone!!! So Listen up youth ministers out there...this is much faster, effecient, and productive for everyone!!!! Go check it out!!!

=========================

OK, I know this post was long and I will try to shorten the posts...but I had not been on in a long tme and I know that most people who do not have RSS readers have stopped coming here on a weekly basis...so I wanted to fit it all into one blog post instead of 30, heh....

My sermon from the past two weeks will be online soon, so keep a look out for it.

Thanks for reading! God bless yall! And, remember you are being covered in prayer each morning, because I pray for all my blog readers!

9 comments:

John David Walt said...

dg-- this tag thing-- sounds like some sort of cyber chain letter. . . . . . not sure i can go for it today. . .. .. but you will be glad to know i am considering your nike + ipod invitation.

;-)

jd

DGH said...

Yes, that is correct it is a form of SPAM...and I don't blame you for not doing it...but honestly it is all about books, and I would love to know what books you would put down...that is the only reason I "tagged" you.

Thanks and let me know about the Nike+ thing...I realize that there will never be a challenge that I will win with any of my friends (unless I can find some fat friends fast, heh)...but maybe if we can get several friends together then a little accountability and comp. can occur! Thanks and God bless ya!

Anonymous said...

Good catch on the Ebay ident. theft! That could really ruin your day on a service that's so dependant on word of mouth.

The iPod+Nike thing is great...accept it only works with the Nano. What a dissapointment for the rest of us. Why wouldn't they release the software for us full-sized iPod owners? I'm sure they'd sell more.

Dude, you read a lot of books. I have this 1,000 page novel I've been reading for months now. Do you read at work or something?

DGH said...

Yeah, I wondered about that with the Nike+ ...thing.... but I can also see that the nanos only use flash memory, while the Video and normal iPods use a disk drive and running with a disk being written to...or reading from, might scratch the disk and they would be saving lots of heart ache in the end, heh.... anyway thanks for reading man!

and yes, there are a few hours out of each week that i do read, heh heh...

Anonymous said...

Oh weak DG! I have a full sized one too. Well we will see and that is good to know about the disk thing i will have to remember not to run with that sucker...and yes I am alive.

Anonymous said...

oh that was me I am Reese.

DGH said...

Hey cool man...thanks for posting Reece! miss yall!

John said...

happy a-day mayn...

there are rumors that there may be some egg rolls being made at our place friday early afternoon...

Fitz said...

My tagging response is found here:
http://fitziesworld.blogspot.com/2006/08/trees-and-tag-youre-it-big-bradford.html
Enjoy!