Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The one about, a dog poker face, landscaping, herbs, an Estonian visit, new car...and a little on the new iPod.....


This is my dog poker face...not sure why I put this on the blog...But just wanted to start things off the right way... I mean come on...it has been a while and no one can ever get enough of dog face poker look, heh heh......

Here are two girls from Lexington that used to me in Tiffany's youth group (left to right: Hannah, Paula, Gretta (sp?), and the hottie and beautiful one on the far right is Tiffany woo woo, aarrgggg, aaarrooga aaarrooga!) We met with them a week or so ago to start talks about doing a Chrysalis Weekend in Estonia! Gretta (sp?) s from Estonia and is helping us figure it all out. It was great seeing everyone...Paula's parents and another couple from Cinci came to meet too......

This is Paula and I trying to recreate a picture we took when she was in Jr. High (I think) and it turned out Ok, heh.... Her parents told me she still has it ad I do too! Good times.....

Well, for those of you who have been wondering...we got our (new to us) used car!!! woo hoo.... We love it soo much and it is great...it is a 2003 Honda CR-V.... Same car we had except two years newer and gold instead of silver! We love it and Tiffany especially loves the color....Thanks to EVERYONE who helped us look for the best car out there and thanks to God for opening our eyes to this one and the seller who lowered the price so we could afford it!.....

Just thought I would get the backside for those of you who like that, heh heh.....

Oh I also installed a new CD player in it (the car)...and I bought an iPod (just the 1 Gig. I know they are coming out with larger and newer ones...but I wanted to run with it...and no reason to get a video iPod because it uses a real disk that could get scratched if I run with it...so I stayed with the flash memory and low end side of things.) the other day so I could go running (with the Nike+ attachment) and since I had an iPod I just had to get the iPod attachment for the stereo too, heh heh...it really is very cool and I am loving the iPod world! (I know I know...You can't believe that D.G. was not already in it) but man it is so cool to download podcasts of tech shows (TWIT, DL.TV) and Erwin McManus' podcast from Mosaic...and a few sermons from some of my other favs.... I tell yet I think my parents are right...I really learn with my ears more than anything else... it really has been fun...and I can control my iPod from the CD player so I just throw the iPod in the glove compartment and I am good to go!.... tons-o-fun.....

Here is my brand new Herb Garden! All of you probably know how much I love to cook (and eat) and there is nothing better than getting to eat a meal with fresh herbs...(well, maybe a few other things better (God, wife, dog, friends, etc....but fresh herbs combined with those things....oh yeah...Sweet Baby Jesus that is good!!!!)... Well this planter box is one of two that a dear and wonderful family made for me from Florence UMC!!! They rock! and so do the planters! They work perfect...are right outside the kitchen door and I love them...thanks need to be given to my parents because while they visited us over the last month or so they helped pay for the plants, mulch, soil, etc....(what don't see any mulch...yep...that is in the pictures of the front yard.....

Here is the other planter with flowers instead of herbs....

And the entire back deck with planters and chairs...and humming bird feeders...very small but they are in the picture...if you can find them, heh....

Here are the window planters that look great thanks to Court!!! You rock BTW man! (emphesis on the man part, ha ha) and you can also see the front humming bird feed here with the ant guard above it, heh heh.....

And here are the rose bushes, mums, and one other small yellow flower behind the roses.... it rained the night before I took this picture so that is why the mulch is a different color the closer it gets to the house. I can not tell yall how much better the front looks compared to what it used to look like with the holly bushes! Oh man much much better.... it took lots of work and lots of money (thank you Momma and Daddy for your donation towards the Asbury UMC Parsonage!) but it sure does look good now...(there is landscape cloth under al that mulch too! Oh yeah...lots of work...but tons of fun too.... I hope to buy a little more mulch and finish the job on the other side as well as create a border between the mulch and the grass by doing a little digging..but other than that...it is good to go! Ok so that is it for now...I hope to come back next time and tell you all about how my identity got stolen on eBay, and my Apple/Nike+ add-on (<--apple's link this time)for my iPod!!! Until then take care, thanks for the prayers...and know that you are blessed to be a blessing to others...and you are prayed for....just by reading this blog! (I still wonder why my blog's readership has not gone up....I mean come on...what other blog promises that you will be prayed for just by reading it?) ha ha ha ha (yeah I know it would help if I actually posted to it every now and then...well most of the company have gone..so I hope t do much better look for the next one this week...or maybe tonight!...Ok probably this week sometime, heh....thanks for putting up with me!)



.

4 comments:

JD said...

you and tiffany can pray for me on sept 12-22. i go to morocco and egypt. have a great weekend! jd

Markus Watson said...

Hey, D.G.! Russell Smith "tagged" me on my blog, so now I'm tagging you. See my blog to see what I'm talking about: stretchychurch.blogspot.com

DGH said...

You will be taken care of in pray JD!

Thanks Markus...I will try to get aorud to do that tag when I finish the other blog post I am doing right now...thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dear D.G. Sure enjoyed your blog--Sorry I've not checked sooner. You are most welcome for the added greenery in your parsonage. It has grown since we were there. We really, really enjoyed seeing you both. Also I just today sent Noele's baby the small teddy bear made of Apaca fur. It is really soft.