Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The one about...yeah yeah I know I am a horrible blogger...

Well, I have been told from my parents and even my wife!!! That I have not blogged in a long time ..and yes I know that I have not...there are several reasons/excuses...but I will leave them all alone...and just let yall know what I have been doing around my life.

I went last week to a shop in the Florence Mall that sells used games and used gaming systems called Game Swap! And it was there that I found my long lost favorite game ever made.... Y's Book I & II for the Turbografx 16 CD game system (actually the CD part was an add-on to the original gaming system) I know that my parents will remember it...because this was the first time in a game that I wanted to show off the graphics! heh....it was the first role playing game for any system released on a CD! Oh man...I wanted this system so bad...that I know my parents got tired of me asking for it...and the only place you could buy it was Toys R Us. And that was in Lubbock...and I will never forget the day when my brother came home with the system and the Y's game!!!! It was amazing!! (I think I was sick or something and could not go...so I gave my brother my money to buy it and he went with my Dad to go buy it!

You have to understand there were 4 gifts/purchases that really ring true in my memory banks. the first one was my waterbed...I saved and saved and saved $10 here and there for my house chores...and all the lawns I mowed to save for my waterbed...and then the day came that I got to walk into BigSir Water beds and buy my bed...only to find out that it would take them a week to come to my house and in my room build the bed and fill it up (I think this is right my Dad can help me out here...I was very small and not totally positive how it exactly went down..I do know that he helped out another $30-$50 to add drawers to the bottom of the bed...but Ok back on task...the waterbed, The TurboGrafx 16 CD add-on and especially Y's book I & II (I even dreamed about this game, heh), then the other ones were probably Christmas gifts....the Zeppelin Airmail Stamp (the one on the bottom of this picture)(that I (i.e. Santa got it from) bought from the Red Raider Stamp shop that still is in existence in the South Plains Mall...and here on Ebay), My backpack for Boy Scouts, the Lego castle, my 1st real leather Jr. High football, my black Eagle Talon car (duh of course), my first surround sound receiver(RCA) and speakers (Bose)...you know stuff like that...and there is a story for each and everyone of them......but anyway back to finding Y's Book I & II the game.......

After I bought the game for a very reasonable price of $25....(it goes on Ebay for much more) I knew that all I could do with it would be to put it into my CD player and play all the audio in the cut scenes and all the music for the game was in separate tracks on the CD disk....and you can ask Tiffany I was jamming out them all....I loved them and remembered every single one of them, heh..... well, then I remembered a friend (Brad) telling me that they make an emulator in the internet that allows for playing Turbografx 16 games...and one emulator in particular allowed for anyone to put the original game CD into your CD/DVD drive on your computer ad you could play the game EXACTLY LIKE I REMEMBERED IT!!!!!! Oh man...after getting permission from Tiffany to buy the very cheap emulator (MagicEngine) I was playing my memories right before me....so.....now the truth comes out of why I have not been posting on my blog.....it is all Y's fault and the memories of my childhood that have been getting the best of me, heh.....Well, good for all of you to know I am almost done with the game...and I will get back to normal life soon....heh......sometimes you just need to go back and swim in the best parts of your childhood...it is REALLY FUN! An d I think healing in a small way, heh....(very small...and be forewarned...it may take up some time....because it is fun...of course, heh....

OK......
Well, Tiffany and I are always looking for ways to cut down on our money spending...and I just have decided to take the plunge into online purchasing of music.... this way you can buy a MP3 for $.99 per song and buy the song you like off of a CD instead of buying a CD for $10-$15 and only listen to one song....so I spent one night writhing up my favorite song list to put on 2-3 CDs and I could rock out anytime I desired to all of my favorite songs, heh....(John Sylvia inspired me on this one)....so you you care to see the list so far? OK here is a sample of me (again another walk down memory lane of course...and please know I do not expect anyone to know them all...and I will give anyone who actually knows all of them a gift via the mail....(parents are excluded...and you have to prove it to me that you actually know them all by calling me on the phone and singing a sample of all of them over the phone without the assistance of the internet...OK here are the songs...no particular order:

Mea Culpa -- Enigma
Aria -- Yanni
Rods and Cones -- Blue Man Group
Thankful -- Caedmon's Call
Walk On The Ocean -- Toad The Wet Sproket
Don't Pay the Ferry Man -- Chris Burgh
Ice Cream -- Sarah Mclachlan (sp?)
Uninvited -- Alanis Morisette
Right Now -- Van Halen
One More Minute -- Weird Al
One Night In Bangkok -- Murray Head
In The Air Tonight -- Phil Collins
World's Apart -- Jars of Clay
Never Alone -- Barlow Girl
Christmas At Ground Zero -- Weird Al
Good old Days -- Weird Al
Deep Enough To Dream -- Chris Rice
The Great Adventure -- Steve Curtis Chapman (including intro)
God of Wrath -- Dave Crowder Band
Take a Chance on Me -- Erasure
We Didn't Start The Fire -- Billy Joel
Axel F -- Murphy Brown vs. Captain Hollywood
I'm Alright -- Kenny Loggins
White Christmas -- Bing Crosby (that one is for you Daddy!)
If I Had a Million Dollars -- Bare Naked Ladies
Tribute - Tenacious D
You Can Call Me Al -- Paul Simon
Send Me On My Way -- Rusted Root
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World -- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Opening Suite -- Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori (Halo)
True Companion -- Marc Cohn
Come What May -- Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge)
Little Drummer Boy -- Jars Of Clay
Carol Of The Bells -- Steven Curtis Chapman
Watermark -- Enya
Celestial Soda Pop -- Ray Lynch
Birdhouse in Your Soul -- They Might Be Giants
Into the West -- Annie Lennox
Where the Streets Have No Name -- U2
The Lady of Shalott -- Loreena McKennitt
Personal Jesus -- Depeche Mode
Superman -- Five for Fighting
Yellow -- Coldplay
Gracie -- Ben Folds
Every Sperm Is Sacred -- Monty Python
Losing My Religion -- R.E.M.
Desert Rose -- Sting
Fields of Gold -- Sting
Set Adrift On Memory Bliss -- P.M. Dawn
Mr. Telephone Man -- New Edition
Justified and Ancient (alt. Version with Tammy Wynette) -- The KLF
Erik the Awful -- Ray Stevens
(Get Your Tongue Out of My Mouth Cause) I'm Kissing You Goodbye -- Ray Stevens
Manic Monday -- The Bangles
Yesterday -- Boyz II Men
Only Truth -- Acappella





and several more to come...as I think of them....I am doing it again...I need to quit and stop...go to bed D.G. ....don't let it suck your night away!!!

Love yall take care and never forget please KUTPs!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

D.G., This parent sure doesn't know the songs by title--at least 1/2 of them, and if I tried to sing Wierd Al--I'd sure be just that--only wierd Teresa!! I's lik eot hear again "Thankful" and "Wrathful God" Oh, Daddy loved the White Christmas because he remembers singing it to you and with you every Christmas. It's the only song I've ever heard him even singing by himself as a solo!! Cute!!

DGH said...

wow that was a fast comment...I figured I had lost everyone who checks the blog every day...and I would have to wait a week or two to start having people read the blog again, heh...thanks for commenting...love yall!

Anonymous said...

I knew all but about 3 or 4 (Yanni? Really?) I've really gotten into the downloading thing as well. It really fits well into my weird, eclectic (Christian Folk/rock, Classic Country, 80's New Wave, Bluegrass) musical tastes. Glad to know you're still alive!
CB

DGH said...

Thanks Cody...your about as weird as I am...but not all the way as weird as I am, heh.

Greg said...

DG!
I'm sad to see that "Amish Paradise" didn't make the cut for Wierd Al. And what about Brack?

Good to see you posting again.

DGH said...

Totally agree with you Greg! All these songs were dependent on Napster having them...and it does not have any Brak...AT ALL....aaaaarrrrrgggg, heh...

Thye of course do have Amish Paridise...but I have always believed that the songs that Weird Al writes the music and words for have always been my favorites...and these are a few of my favs.... heh... now Amish Paradise IS on Tiffanyu's list, heh... Thanks for posting.

The Church at Austin said...

Have you thought of Million Dollars by the Bare Naked Ladies? I remember you liked them back in the day. Good list though, it covers all your bases.

Cor

DGH said...

Oh man Cory you are so right!!! thanks!!! added...

Anonymous said...

I forgot about that one too. I might have to add that one to my list as well.
CB
But not a real green dress, that's cruel....

Cory said...

Those are your favorite songs? I see no Beatles, no U2, no Dylan, Stones, Stevie Wonder, Police, Did I really see Yanni on that list. Next thing you know you are going to be buying Cher, or Dion...you are a closet Diva fan aren't you. Oh, D.G. I thought I taught you better. Are you sure you're saved. You're telling me that Weird Al tops Bono...I am perplexed. I cant take it anymore, I off

Cory said...

Oh, and how am I supposed to sing Rod and Cone?

DGH said...

Actually it is Rods and Cones...and there is no singing just the basic head bob...and of course Weird Al takes the cake a a few vegitables in any contest over anyone...and yeah there are a few I need to add to the list..yourright about U2...and a few others...Thanks for playing!