Friday, August 05, 2005

The one about my business card....Guess-the-Google game...and the new moon photo that is probably a Death Star...very close to us!!!!



Here is my business card(front=top, back=bottom)....I really like it...and boy does it do what it is meant to do....get people asking questions...heh heh...sure is fun...If you would like to have a business card done by a professional..or a logo...etc...here is the link to the guy who did this amazing piece of art! He is traveling to Japan soon to do mission work there...but I am sure he could still (if you wanted to) work with you via the net) He is just great!

So let me tell you a little bit about why I have what I have on there...because I am sure you might be asking the same questions....
OK....where to start:

Well, lets start with my title: Cultural Architect

I have "borrowed" this title from Erwin McManus (the guys book I talked about in the last post) He calls himself this title..I love it! You see he understands that Christianity is not a religion...but it is a movement. He sees and I agree with him (or I would not have requested it to be my title) that the church is in place to be a movement for all of humanity...it is meant to be a place where the very culture of community is Christ centered...and so I see all of us..and myself included to be cultural architects...builders of culture where Christ is centered and the very lifestyle we live is worship. I can not express enough to you to read Erwin's books they really do inspire and open the doors to thinking outside of the box....(although I never knew a box existed...heh heh heh..

OK, I also wanted the contact name and numbers to all look like an http:// address....I figured that we live in such a computer world that it would show off who I am a little more while also reaching a different group of people that are net lovers....probably the very people who read this blog...(BTW: I stole this idea also from someone's email sig, heh)

The drawing of me is the master art work of Greg! This style of art is becoming more and more growing...What Greg did is take a picture of me (That Tiffany took) and then started putting layer and layer of art on top of it and made me into a almost Anime cartoon character... I love animation and especially Anime...so once again it shows more of who I am to the card reader! I love how Greg made the Japanese-esque rising sun beneath me! heh heh heh....and using a pop-up for my info is great! (But I must tell you I stole this idea from Print Magazine...Showing off the top business card designs...And believe me there were some VERY cool ones in there! (I have blogged a previous blog showing off a few of them..If you want to go searching through them all, heh.....

And lastly the words on the back of the card:

We live in a Post-Modern world..and with out getting into what this means...basically, the post-moderns...(myself is included in these) desire a few things over others, community, experience of anything/life, and enjoy the mystery of anything/life.... so the back of my card to to touch on these aspects of Post-Modernity...Mystery (to intrigue others to wonder, "who is this guy?" or "what does he do or work for?", Incarnation (most people probably do not know what this word means anyway...but to promote that God came down (actually the direction is probably not too important, heh...just not up, ha ha ha) into this earth in the form of a flesh covered human being in Christ...and He does the same through His church...which I am a part of and what we will promote in the tribe extension (satellite church plant)(that I am a part of), and lastly the Relationship...this is two-fold in meaning...1: God offers relationship with you, one that is greater than any family relationship, or spouse...but one with God!, and 2: That we offer this relationship to anyone who wishes to be a part of a community/tribe that cares, supports, and grows one another in Christ. So we and God offers to anyone (including those I had this card to):

A Mysterious Incarnational Relationship with him and us! I love that....and this small piece of double sided printed paper hopefully will allow people to join the discussion of what this can mean to them if they desire to do so...and if they do...they have my contact information to start a discussion...and in both our lives a relationship.

OK so there is my business card...I think it does what I want it to do, heh....

Oh and may all have noticed that I changed my blog title to Cultural Architect instead of pastor to keep with the same understanding and consistancy if someone reads the card and goes to this blog....

===========================
Geek friends I need help:

another change I am trying to make is to make this blog RSS for those of you who may care to read it in this form....(if you do not know what this is...then you probably would not care...it really is for those of us who are information junkies, heh.....but for those of you who know this stuff...I added a link on the bottom right side over there ---> with the XML link...but I really wanted it to be RSS 2.1(either 2.1 or 2.0 can't remember)...and I think for some reason it is set up only for newsgroups and not for RSS readers I am using a program called Feedburner....if anyone knows anything about this please let me know...Greg, Thor, Chris, etc.... Thanks!
basically I want it to look like digg's RSS page...here is their normal page Digg (this is the place I get a lot of my news from, heh)...and here is the RSS page Digg RSS......I have a widget that reads RSS 2.1...but when I try to make my bog like this it says that the RSS version can not be found? Thanks for your help....and if you do not want to work with comments...just email me.

=====================

something else I saw that is VERY cool to me...is check out the picture of Saturn's moon Mimas!!!



and NOW check out a picture of the Death Star in Starwars:



Can you believe that!!!!!! "That's no moon!" And what we should really be worried about is how close it is to us...maybe Star Wars and Hitchhikers Guide are more right than we thought, heh....heh heh....this is just a joke...and who knows maybe God does love Star Wars after all! heh....If you want to read more about the new picture of the moon then you can read about it here.

And of course you could just read the post before this one and see the Lego version of the Death Star...but that one was the one they were rebuilding...and not the finished "fully operational" Death Star in A New Hope

=========================

I found a neat game to play for those of you who might like it...it is called Guess-The-Google....When you go to the website...You can play it and you guess the term that was type into the Google image search by looking at 20 different pictures...you get only a few guesses and a time limit to guess the word...heh....I liked it...but you can only imagine how bad I did...because I can not spell or type...and this is a needed thing for the game...but I know I got may more right by voice than I did in typing, heh....

=========================

And for those of you who are looking for a great DVD to rent...the may I suggest

Lemony Snicket's A Serious of Unfortunate Events

This had the most amazing soundtrack, opening and closing credits of any movie that I have seen in a loooong time...and the plot for a children's story book (I have not read the books, but this movie might make me want to pick up a few) that seems really horrible...but the moral in the end is that even though life is not perfect you can still find sanctuary in family (i.e. relationships)..which I believe is a huge key to what Christ offers us...not a perfect life filled with happiness and fun...(these are part of it too....don't get me wrong) but that Christ offers us companionship and relationship in the midst of the times when we are walking through life's sewers! Go watch the movie...and I am seriously thinking about buying it!

==================

OK...I know I said that yesterday was the last blog post of this week...but I just had to get these out to you...and have been wanting for a long time to get yall my business card,heh....Well, yall take care and know that we love yall! KUTPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI!! I really really like your business card. It has a lot of thought in it. It communicates to me what you hope to help bring about in society--a new Christian culture. That is a dream for a world that I know Christ and every Christian shares. We love and pray for you and dream everyday. I am sure God is with you. Love, Mom

DGH said...

Thanks Momma, love you too!

Greg said...

DG! Nice card man.

I don't have as posive a view on postmoderism as you have. As I recall from school, moderists and postmodernist both recoginze that society is fragmented. A moderist would seek a central unchanging, objective truth that humanity should seek to strive and to know that would unite that fragmentation.

The postmodern view was that society was fragmented and no one could communicate truth, that communication is all filtered through different experiences, and that a simple truth cannot be the same truth to one as to another - in other words, there is no objective truth when it comes to good and evil, right and wrong, how we should treat each other, love.

I realize that we live in a postmodern world, I just can't belive what it tells me.

Miss you man.

G.

DGH said...

I never said I like it...but it is the reality that we live in and wheither we like it or not...this is the time God has called us to minister to those who need him. And so I have accepted the reality...of the postmodern thought....(i.e. there is no absolute truth) and by develpeing relationships, and offering a mysterious experience with God we can offer them God (and the absolute truth that Christ is) to them in a way everyone in the world we live in now can know and understand! Thanks for posting man! Miss you too!

Greg said...

Check this out for some interesitng commentary on the terms:

http://tallskinnykiwi.typepad.com/tallskinnykiwi/2003/12/postmodern_trut_1.html

DGH said...

Oh man, I love the Princes Bride way of presenting his point, heh...it is interesting...it is so dunny though...because most people reading that blog would have the response of, "huh?" ha Ha ha...but it is a lot of big words that "smart" people get to show off thier wordsmith skills...when I am interested in taking what he said and talking about it to 15 year olds and 80 year old alike...and then us discussing it out loud and finding out what we agree and disagree with. Thanks fo rthe link though greg! it was a fun read!

Unknown said...

I was searching for a picture of the death star for a tattoo I'm getting, and I came across this pic. Awesome! Thanks!

DGH said...

Thanks! I think the link died..but sure.