Friday, August 12, 2005

The one about a game (revised with the answer to the game).... With meaning later.....And The ONE Campaign....



Anyone know the term for what is pictured here? Start the guessing..and if anyone has read Erwin McManus...your disqualified! heh....let the guessing game begin....(in the comment posting field that is, heh...

OH...and a friend of mine suggested that I put something up here about The ONE campaign...so here is the link..and I truly believe that it is possible to see the end of hunger and poverty in the world in my lifetime....but then again....we are talking about humanity (such frustrating potential)....go to the website and check it out...it is amazing how many groups and organizations they have brought together to fight, hunger, poverty, and AIDS....God bless yall this day...and never forget....KUTPs!!!!

OK, OK, OK....I have a feeling that this will totally give the answer away...but here is your hint to guess the answer I am looking for to the question, "What is the term for what is pictured above?"

OK, I am scared to give you a hint.....but OK here is a poor excuse for a hint attempt.....

goldfish are a glint
elks are a gang
crows are a murder
ferrets are a business
ravens are an unkindness
wild cats are a destruction
and
Jays are a party....



OK OK OK...my MOM found the answer, heh....that is sad...that my Mom who MIGHT know what Google is found the answer...oh well, maybe some of you did not have time, heh...j/k....actually I wanted the answer to be told so I could set yall up for a big announcement....(that I will put in another post, heh)

But yes...for all of you who do not know it...a group of Rhinos is called a Crash! and now just be waiting for the next post where I will explain what in the world I am talking about, heh. yall take care and God bless ya!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would rather be running behind a rhino, than be charged by one. The One Campaign enables people of all the world's religions, or no religions at all, to collectively contribute their ingenuity to planning and solving the problems of world hunger, poverty, education, and disease. (Some learned bean counter with a spreadsheet says it is now possible.) DG rallies pretty clever people. Which one of you Halo 2 players knows the persons that can get water and electricity to the pictured African bush country, for example? Wireless computers; fertilizer, and seed? The average girl is left out of school. Solving all this could be fun.... Everyone wants to help as they can. DG for sure is a cultural architect. Thanks for the blog DG.

DGH said...

Well, you are close to the "term" I am looking for with the Rhino picute...but what would this be a picture of?

And thanks for your comments on the ONE campaign! Agree...actually i was playing Halo2 the outher day with a guy from South Africa! Not sure if he was playing from there...or if he was from there...but worth asking some questions if I ever see him on again! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Well, my guess would be love. Because not only is the sky and plain a fabulous gift from God showing His love to us, but also there's love shown between the family of rhinos, and even love in the rhino who is looking back on the one who is lagging or gone astray. (the viewer of the picture) So yeah, there's my guess.

BTW, has your craving returned yet? I got my fill yesterday at PKI, and I'm already up for more. Blessings! And say hey to Tiffany for me!

DGH said...

Wow Ben...a little deeper than I was going for...try again...with the new hint I just gave in the post.

Anonymous said...

Rhino means nose--so maybe it's a nosey family. (he, he--says very uninformed, but enjoys prefix meanings -mom.

Anonymous said...

Daddy says the group of rhinos are a tribe. He is guessing abased on probably what your point is. But one definition of any family group is a tribe--according to Webster's.

Anonymous said...

After probably 20 minutes worth of searching I finally found the answer to your group of rhinos--a crash. Are you worth the time? I guess so--but I'd much rather look at pretty pictures than be met with the scientific name for family for rhinos. Still live you lots. I guess that's appropriate--but sorta crazy--they are an andangered species.

DGH said...

Yes that is right a Crash! Way to go...I think it was my Mom who won...that is great for her...but sad to everyone else becase man either noone checks this blog out very regularly or I need to do some serious google teaching, heh...OK THanks Momma...and now I will type up a post explained why a group of Rhinos is called a crash!

Anonymous said...

A serious Google search: "A group of rhinos is sometimes called a “crash”—an appropriate term for a large and ponderous animal that can crash through just about anything in its way. http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/t-rhinoceros.html

http://www.sosrhino.org/knowledge/faq.php

A: A study on the African white rhinoceros, which is probably more social than other species, gave the following definitions: An "aggregation" is a congregation of individuals in the same area, but the animals each go their own way after some time. A "group" is an association of animals who try to stay in each other's proximity.

These groups remain intact for at least a few hours. Groupings in which the individuals were seen together for a period of a month or longer are called "stable associations" (like mother and child), while animals together for shorter periods are "temporary associations".

Many modern writers refer to a congregation of rhinoceroses as a "crash". This is sometimes found in crosswords or quizzes. "Herd" would not be zoologically correct because rhinos do not stay in one group for long, they are "temporary associations".
Scientists still use "groups" for the rhinoceros and it is a correct term." Here endeth Google

Anonymous said...

wow!! Your moma actually solved the puzzle, and, by the way, you are more than worth it!! Love you always, your silly mom.

DGH said...

Wow who was Google master? that was wow...wow...heh