Thursday, July 14, 2005

The one about hey what no pictures from your camera?

Yep that is right..I decided to actually post a blog post without pictures can you believe that? Although I am sure I will hear about how this one is too long for Tom and Nanaw to read...but oh well, I guess yall can have Daddy read it to you if you complain (heh heh...I sure do love yall!)

Well, It has been a long time since I shared some of the cool websites I have found in the past few days...so I thought I would give you another good old cool set of sites to visit...(or programs to DL, heh)

well lets see my fav list up here......

Well, probably one of the coolest things I have been doing is playing around with a VERY cool VERY free program called....Google Earth....you can Download it here!

This program acts a lot like Google Maps...but this time you can do fly-bys change the tilt, look @ certain buildings in 3-D..and all kinds of stuff...I love looking at people's houses and stuff, heh.... so join me in spending way too much time playing around with this program...(note to everyone you have to have a high speed internet connection to play with this program!)(once you download it go to the top visited sites for some amazing stuff.... especially the Grand Canyon!

=============================

Next would be....well, I used to have a blog post from some guy that had all 70 something commercials of the Budweiser "Real Man of Genius" ads...but now all he has up is a bittorent link to it...so if your a big fan and have bittorent..then I guess you can check them all out...man I love these commercials! they are all so stinking funny...well, I guess if you want the link here you go...right here!

===========================

And next......for those of you who might get brave and try to eat Sushi...then you can learn how to eat it and how to make some of it @ this website!

And if you would like to know where to go to eat some then you can go here!

==========================

This site.....will let you know if there are any free screenings of movies to come out soon in your area...now so far I have only seen stuff for Boston, and places like that..I am sure that some day they might have a few in Dallas, or (I am hoping)Cinci! heh...

============================

Oh man..I almost forgot...(how could I forget this one!!!) Here is a website that allows you to check out a tornado up, close, and personal...as it flies right past and over a cool science devise they placed in the path of (I think an F4) very cool!

========================

A while back I tried to show everyone the destruction of the tornadoes around my home town of Floydada...and I went to the Floydada newspaper website (found here) and I thought I would show yall some of what it looks like after a tornado and one of what one actually looks like right where I grew up!

Destruction:

"A JUNE 9TH TORNADO RIPPED APART THE BACK OF THE HARRIS HOME AND DESTROYED THEIR TREES. Staff Photo" (quotes from the website and Paper)

"TREE LIMBS ARE DUMPED BY TORNADO IN THE BACKYARD OF THE HARRIS HOME. Staff Photo"
I f you would like to read the article for these photos you can read it here!


"PETERSBURG/FLOYD COUNTY TORNADO--This photograph of the Petersburg tornado was supplied to us by David Drummond, Newschannel 11 First Alert Storm Chaser. The tornado grew as it swept through Floyd County damaging homes, cars, crops, and barns. No one was injured. Drummond also supplied us with pictures of the tornado while on the ground in Floydada, however it was so large (reportedly 1/2 mile wide) that the photograph appeared as only a large black cloud from the ground up. Courtesy Photo by David Drummond"

Oh man that rocks!!!!!!!!!!! and check out the damage!!! This will tell you that Tornadoes are not to be messed with....just chased, heh


"THURSDAY'S TORNADO PULLED UP POWER LINES AND REDUCED THEM TO SPLINTERED LUMBER. THE HOME BEHIND HIS POWER LINE ESCAPED SERIOUS DAMAGE. STAFF PHOTO"

"THE RICK REDDY BARN located at the McCoy Gin took a hit from Thursday night's tornado. The Delgado home across the street from the Gin lost windows and chickens in the storm. The Delgado's took refuge in a cellar and were not injured. The Reddy home east of the Gin was damaged by a well house that was thrown into their home. The Reddy's took shelter in a basement. Staff Photo"

"OVER 30 SPRINKLER SYSTEMS IN FLOYD COUNTY WERE DAMAGED FROM THURSDAY NIGHT'S STORM. STAFF PHOTO"

that stuff is just amazing! I love Tornadoes..not because of all the destruction they make...but the excitement that flows through my blood is amazing when I hear sirens or see the Thunderstorm Warning pop up in the TV...I guess growing up in Tornado country will make you respect them...and always have...but I have been crazy and chased them in college (with Ryan, heh) and been scared as everything during Spirit Wind in the basement of a church waiting for the funnel cloud to go over us and seeing it pick up lots of dirt just outside of town...they are amazing...and I promise if Tiffany would let me I would have loved to have been a spotter for the city or something like that...and I know if I would not have been a pastor..I might have gone into being a weather ma...or a chef, heh...both sound god to me...made be I could chase tornadoes while scarfing down an amazing French dish, heh....

===========================

Well, I have give yall enough for tonight...I hop e you all have a wonderful weekend...and take care! Please know yall are in my prayers and God bless you all!

KUTPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't say we get too many tornadoes here in Cincy... We hear about em, but I've personally never dealt with one. *praise God* BoB is still waiting, say the word dude. Blessings and rock!

Anonymous said...

No thanks tornadoes or Sushi ... but Google Earth and "Real Men of Genius" were pleasant past times. Thanks.

DGH said...

Hey Ben...I really need you to tell me like 3 days that you can do it and I can put it on my calendar...that is the only way it will happen..because I have such a crazy calendar...heh thanks for understanding....

What? Oh man..you have never lived until you are being sucked up into a tornado while eating sushi!!! heh....yeah...I never dd Dl the entire Real Men of Genius yet...it just take so long..I should just leave it up over night and ten enjoy them, heh...thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Nice fro,

That picture could be titled "Foxy Cleopatra Meets Ha-Fro The Dogg"

Anonymous said...

luv zac

DGH said...

Thanks Zac...but your always doing something weird...you were viewing the latest blog post...but your comment was posted on a much later post....weird...i wonder if you were commenting on the last one that is on the front page? just FYI...at the end of each post is a comment field that you can post to and talk about that one post...Thanks man!

D.