Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The one with lots of pictures and the gay protestors @ church.....


OK here is the full load of pictures...and I thought I would start off with this one from my front yard...I have work very hard to make the front area of our house look good...and I took this picture Saturday to show off the tulips and the tree flowers behind it...it is very nice right now!

This is the fountain I built from scratch...yes yes I know it shows that I made it from scratch, heh...but it was the sound of water and had a water pump flowing water from the bottom pond to the top pot and it trickled down to the middle and then into the pond...the major problem was this is Santa Fe a desert and the water would evaporate sooner than it would take me to refill it once a week! It was crazy and since we are moving I figured that the people we are renting form would not like it....so I dug it up and used the bricks to form a little flower area against the wall...and I will fill in the hole with potting soil later on...and the finished product of an entire Saturday's work........

Ta Da!!!!! There you go an entire Saturday afternoon and this is what it looks like now, heh....kind of disappointing...but I finished it and the flower bed against the wall looked very good!

Well, earlier last week I went over to a neighbor's house to take pictures of the painting job she wanted done (I took pictures of the things she needed to be painted for my father-in-law to paint) and she gave me a huge treat!!!!! she allowed me to walk around in her back yard! This place is amazing...I have never seen something like it unless I went to a gardens some where...it is just wow filled! heh heh...and the cherry tree in the back ground close to the house was in full bloom!

Here is Jen and Zac!!! they are great friends of ours here in Santa Fe...and normally his hair is VERY curly...but Tiffany wanted him to comb it out and fro it up and so he kindely did what she asked and here is his funny hair with his soon to be wife Jen! You should meet these two in person...the first time I saw them in person @ church I thought they were models....oh yeah Tiffany and I hang out with models, heh.

Well, here is the dreaded Phelps hate group who picked out church on Sunday....They were there for 30 mins. and I bet there was 2-3 cops for every protestor out there, heh....they had very hurtful signs and they were to say the least very angry....it mostly just made me sad...because they say they are spreading the Gospel...but all that comes out of their mouths is hate...the very word "gospel" means good news...not sure if they really know what they are doing or saying...but apparently they travel all over the country and world picketing and telling everyone that God hates "fags", churches, you, me...etc.....They apparently also have several lawyers with them and wait for you to cross the line and sue the socks off of you and that funds their next trip. It makes me sad because they claim to be Christian and Baptist...but I believe the God is love not hate...and it is truly sad the amount of hurt they bring where ever they go. one sign in particular made a lot of people angry...and it said...."Your Pastor's a whore!!!"...yeah that's right...well as soon as I saw it...(you know me I take the worst and make it funny) I immediately went up to Namiqa (she is our Sr. Pastor here @ St. John's) and said, "Hey whore!" with a very big smile,heh heh...now some people would be offended by this...but our relationship is one that I can say that she will slap me around a few times and then I will say it again, heh....right after she preached the second time on Sunday I leaned over to her and told her..."that sermons was not too bad.....for a whore! heh heh" she hit me and life went on, and we all had our experience and even in the midst of trouble we grew closer as a church...and so in a way God might have used the other group to makes us a better church, heh.....

Oh hey fag church..every body run!!!! heh heh j/k....actually they said that most of our church members would step out of their cars, walk right up to the front doors, turn to read 1-2 of their sings and then just walk right in and go to worship, heh....it was funny...but worship was great this past Sunday...the youth bell choir played great and then the youth praise band played a song, "What is so funny about Peace, Love, and understanding. ha ha...the sermon was all about love and every thing else talked about love, heh....it was wonderful! Funny that they hate our church for being "fag lovers" and I can count the number of homosexuals who attend our church on one hand...but hey I hope that the homosexuals in Santa Fe know that we love them just as much as we love the hate people that Sunday. heh heh....if any of you want to talk about homosexuality then I invite you to go to http://www.theblessing.org and find the forum and join in the discussion and if not then get on the forum @ the church....http://www.stjumc.com/ and find the forum under resources.... Thanks!!!

one more picture of the back yard of Stormy! I thought I would end it on a good note, heh.....I will be back with more about Tiffany and I leaving Santa Fe ad moving.....so keep your eyes open and never forget....KUTPs!!!!!!!!!! Posted by Hello

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey DG-- I checked out that group's website (the ones that picketed the church) and thought you might want to know, their little event made headlines on their page.... let me know if you want the link... its really sad to see these people saying they are a church I dont understand how they can honestly believe in this stuff if they even have an idea of what it means to be a Christian.... Anyway, let me know

DGH said...

you have no idea how much research I have done on these people...i purposefull did not give thier website...because of how offensve it is...so thanks, and yes I have read more baout them and have been to thier website way too many times than I care to have gone, heh. Thanks though.

Anonymous said...

It is highly offensive and I figured you may had seen the website.. I just dont understand how they in any way shape or form think they are doing God's Will, or anything for His glory.... Just mind boggling

DGH said...

Welcome to the world Santa Fe Christians have been swiming around in for a few days....heh heh...there are many people out there who claim Chriatianity...and yet do not live it with thier lives, mouths, signs, hands, and feet...all the more reason to love them and pray for them.