Friday, April 29, 2005

The one about all my pint-up websites that I have been holding out on yall, and a comment pic.....

Ok, I read a lot of website every night and a few of them have been giving me lots of great websites that I have decided that I just have to share with yall! So let me get to sharing.....

Sewdorky.com

The first one up is just a fun little site that sells sewed doughnuts! Yep that is right it is doughnuts that are made of material that some one has sewed together. They have all kinds even cream filled and it just looks cool...It looks like a great idea for all you people dietting out there and just need a doughnut around to help you through the day, heh.


Lifehacker.com


The reason I like this site is that it shows you all different ways to hack all kinds of objects. Kevin on The Screen Savers (now called Attack of the Show) on G4 does this al the time to not only computers to make them run faster, but electric tooth brushes and all kinds of things and this is a website dedicated to doing these things...It is funny because I just went there to get you a link of the site and found out how to make photos look like comic strips (with Photoshop)!! It is close to what I want to do with my own photo for my business cards (except this was done with Coreldraw and not photoshop)

Here is another look at the (look at the people) style of art that I wish I knew how to do with photoshop.
If anyone knows how to do this look with a photo with photoshop and can find me a very detailed tutorial for me that would be awesome! I really love the cartoonish look of the photos and would love to know how to do that stuff.


Mikromart.com


OK Here is a business card that will get anyone's attention....all of the cards are fold out flat pieces of metal that make AMAZING 3-D designs....oh man these things are cool! I wish my business cards could do this, heh. Too bad you can only buy them in England.

Snopes.com

Ever heard a urban legend and wonder f it was true? Well, this website tells you al of them and the truth about them and what real story probably got stretched to make it legend.

the 46 best ever free software utilities

self explanatory.

Find-a-human

Ever tried to call a big company and can never actually talk to a human being? Well, here is a list of the ways you talk to a human for a lot of big companies that tend to hide their numbers on their websites etc.... so...go get'em!

Amazon.com customer service phone number

Heh heh....here is the number for Amazon.com....Isn't it amazing that one of the worlds largest retailers does not give you a phone number to talk to a human being about order problems? Well, here is their contact number.....until they change it.

==============================

Ok so here is a photo for you to leave your comments with:


"I hope this is a telephoto lens"

(If you can think of a funnier comment then please leave it on the comments below...have fun...lets see what your made of...

===============================

Well, I have a track meet to go to today in Los Alamos. I think that our track team will do good and I am excited about the throwers doing so well the past few meets. So, until next time........(and I gave yall a lot to look at and read between the time of my next blog post) please KUTPs!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The real reason there is a shortage of National Geographic photographers..."

Pastor Jon said...

"You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around..."

DGH said...

Thanks Mark and Jon! Those are both very good, heh. but i have to say Mark's is winning right now...but he did knid of play off of my otigional comment...I wonder if points should be docked off? heh.... j/k

Anonymous said...

"You talk'n to me?"

Anonymous said...

Heya DG! The filter you need for photoshop to make designs similar to that one page with the example is called a vector filter. Vector graphics are hard to make look right! Anyway, just thought I'd tell ya'. Stumbled upon your blog just recently, and you're the most faithful blogger in the world, I do believe. Happy blogging!

Your cousin,
Eason

DGH said...

Thanks E!

Yeahsince photoshop does not really do vector gfx (at least the earlier version I have)...I have had to go to a friend that realy knows Illustrator and he is making me my business cards! Very cool, and thanks a lot....I would love to some day be able to do it...but time is not something I have a lot of right now, heh. Thanks for visiting and posting...happy reading!

Anonymous said...

uuugh cow snot.