Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The one about my Sr. Pastor and communion......

If you don't know this...Communion is by a long shot one of my favorite parts of being a Christian..it sums up our history in the remembrance of the Passover meal, which bring to mind the Salvation from slavery and Egypt...for my tribe, and then Jesus came and brought some more meaning into it by helping us remember he is the Messiah and the one that all of God's people longed for and we remember how He allowed the non-Jewish people into the people of God and allowed God's chosen people t be every human being on the planet (if they choice to be in relationship with Him)...it also....is a very real tangible way to experience God through all my senses taste (the one I especially love, heh), smell, touch, hearing, and sight...and even with all the tangibility to it...there still belongs a mystery in it...that we are joining Christ and God through Christ in this redemptive story...we become a part of the story of God and his life continues through us and the lives we live for him....It is just stinking cool! Well, this last Sunday was communion Sunday at our church and I have heard Namiqa our Sr. Pastor say these words before...and it still cracks me up when I hear them, heh... She says something like this at the after everyone has taken communion...."Isn't it amazing how wonderful it is to sup with each other!" Ha Ha HA HA HA...Oh man that cracks me up....because she says it in such a normal way that I always think that instead of her saying "sup" that she says "suck". Heh heh... You know sup is just not a common word used around here and it throws me off every time...but oh man that is funny that here is one of the most meaningful parts of Christianity for me that I adore...and at the end I hear how wonderful it is how we all suck together, heh heh. (You know, there is a good theology in that sentence too...but that is for another time, heh.)

-----------------------------

Well, yall have a good night....I am preaching this coming Sunday so be looking forward to the copy of it right here on this very blog, heh. I still need to write it and this is much later than what I like to write my sermons...so please KUTPs!!!!!!!(I need them)

Yall take care and please know that I pray for you every day...(i.e. anyone who reads this blog) and I hope you are all blessed by the prayers I pray to God on your behalf. Love ya!

May yall experience love, grace, and peace flowing from the arms Jesus has wrapped around you!

(wow this was a deep blog post....oh well these arn't too bad to have in here every now and then, heh...what do you expect...I am a Pastor, heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey DG-- Check this out and let me know what you think....

http://www.ccgr.org/default.asp

DGH said...

It is OK...a little cheezy...but at least they are trying! The forum is going strong though and that is a good thing. Not much else to say about it.