Sunday, April 03, 2005

The one about my barking dog and the neighbor you thought only existed in books.....

Ok, yesterday was a day that I tried to rest up from the crazy fly fishing trip we went on Friday. So Tiffany and I ran some errands around town...and fought the urge to buy stuff...(we both have that tendency, heh) So...We get home and as always let Halo (our dog for those who don't read this blog often)outside in the back yard....now just in case you people don't know this fact yet or not...dogs bark...and my dog is no exception and as a matter of fact he loves to bark...especially when we he people or hears any noise that might startle him or make him think that he can prove that he is the guard of "his" back yard, heh.

Well, Tiffany and I sometimes forget to tell him to be quiet and let his barking continue..but just like babies I can tell you when his bark is for certain reasons...and this time his bark changed from "Hey everybody listen to my amazing mean bark" to "I am stinking upset and the hair on my back is sticking straight up...and I don't care what my master says I am going to bark in fear and anger". (yeah it is amazing what a simple bark can tell you, heh heh)
So, I went out side to find out what he was barking at...a lot of times when it is that bad the neighbors are in town (the house next to us in a vacation home and they are rarely there) and they are trying to pet Halo, heh..but this time no one was there.....so I stood there looking on the immediate side of the fence puzzled to what was causing my dog to bark. Then I hear a very load thud on my fence..from the side that halo was barking from..."Did something fall from the tree" I asked myself. No, that tree never grows anything large enough to sound that big...Then Thud...another knock on the fence that was very loud. Now I was staring to really wonder what was causing the racket.
Suddenly, I saw a white tee-shirt about 50 yards from my fence bend down...and I thought Oh OK, there are just some kids that are playing around with my dog to get him upset...then the man stood up....it was my neighbor from three doors down..and he was throwing rocks into my back yard almost hitting me and my dog.... So when the last rock he threw actually made it into my back yard about three feet from my feet...I shouted out..."Can I help you?" and his very angry response was, "Yes...I am trying to get your dog to stop barking!!!"
To tell you the truth, I was more in shock that a man in his 50's would be throwing rocks in my back yard with out any help from medication (this has not been disproved yet, heh)...I replied..."That is why I came out to my back yard was to get him to stop and have him come inside" Good", he said, "Then we have a deal!".......I was not sure what kind of deal we had...maybe he thought we made a deal that I would bring my dog inside and he would stop acting like a elementary school student and stop throwing rocks....or if he was talking about the deal I just made with him to not jump my fence and do some rock throwing of my own...but what ever the case I went inside to tell Tiffany what just happened.
I still could not believe it. I was in shock...but the anger and frustration was setting in at a fast pace. Well, we needed to go grab a bite to eat right after that and so I decided that I would go over to his house to give him my business card so next time he could use the much more effective means of calling my house when he is upset with a dog barking @ 1:00 pm in the afternoon..and just call me to get Halo. (BTW; This guy and his wife have 4 dogs...and yet he is still desiring to throw rocks @ mine, heh)
Well, no one answered the door..when I knew he was there...(he threw rocks at me and my dog 10 mins. ago)..... Well, I decided to just put my business card in his mail box and I left him a note on the back saying..."Please next time call my home when my dog is disturbing you instead of throwing rocks at him, me, and my house... which by the way makes him bark a lot louder." Thank you! In Him, D.G. and Tiffany. While I was writing the note we heard his front door slam shut...apparently he was a little scared of talking to me...hopefully he realized what he did was not right or at the very least not remotely close to acting like an adult..and just felt guilty about throwing them, heh. What he does not realize is that I am a big, fat, hairy, shaved head, loving Pastor and all I would do is scare the crap out of him then give him a hug..but he did not give me the chance, heh.
So....... I have not seen him since and probably will be very friendly to him the next time I see and his wife walking their dog and probably make him even more paranoid of me, but oh well. It was something you thin you would see in a Sienfield or Friends Episode, but sure enough leave it to Santa Fe to allow you to live the sitcoms, heh...

BTW: I did call the police to find out if I was breaking the law for having a barking dog @ 1:30 pm in the afternoon on a Saturday. They said the worst that could happen would be the neighbors could call them and they would send the police over to ring my door bell and ask me to make the dog stop..then she reminded me that dog bark, heh a fact that I am well aware of...but after I told her about the man throwing rocks...she asked me if she wanted her to send a cop over to the man's house, ha ha ha ha... I told her no thanks..and that I probably scared him enough by catching him in the act, heh.

Tiffany is scared that he is the type of person that would poison Halo...but I don't think he will be messing with us anytime soon, heh. heh.

I hope yall got a good laugh out of this one...I know Tiffany and I are still laughing about it!

------------------------

Well, I also hope you have enjoyed all the photos I have been putting up lately (I am still learning how to make all the photos to be in one blog post...but I will learn it soon enough and it won't be so messy). I love my brother's old camera and now that Hello and Picasa are hosting the photos (for FREE!!!!)I can put up as many as I want, heh! Good news for al of us...and just in case you did not know this...you can click on the photos and they will enlarge for you to see them better...works really good for the picture of the fish I caught, heh..... Well I will leave yall with a picture to leave a caption for...have fun...and please KUTPs!!!!!


"Can someone hand me a booger to wipe this Kleenex on?" BTW You can purchase this Kleenex box @ Target here

KUTPs!!! Love yall!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deeg,
We have this same type of problems with our "neighbors". I use "Neighbors" in quotes because they are strictly people who live near us and, unfortunately, that, by their choice, is the extent of our relationship. Our "neighbors" called the police because our dog barks when their children poke him with a stick through the fence. The police were actually very friendly, and noted the ridiculousness of the situation. There are several options you could do - Call the homeowner's association (if you have one), call the police to report the gentleman for vandalism, trespassing, nuisance, etc. for the rock-throwing incident, or do the adult thing and do exactly what you did. However, be careful. A grown adult who throws rocks at dogs in the middle of the day could have more issues to come.
CB

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that there are other members in the "crazy neighbor club". I say kill them with kindness and God's love (as Kevin's planning to put Roundup on all of their flower beds in the dark of night!) No really, it's truly the best satisfaction! Love you. CPS

DGH said...

Yep Thanks Cody.... your Dad wisdom is kicking in now-a-days, heh. and thanks Christy!