Thursday, October 21, 2004

He was fragged for your sins....

If you ever care about anyone who has a really cool mind, and a fun blog then visit my friend Thor's blog. I saw the title of this post as a title of one of his posts, and man, I love it! This is the kind of stuff that I love thinking about. How can I bring the good news into a terminology that this world understands. Now any remotely computer geek understands this language, and even if it sounds a little weird and that we should not say it, the meaning is still intact and is very effective for communicating what happen to Jesus. I wonder if I can use this title to brainstorm entire worship services around it..... well, I know it would not happen at the church I was in currently, but I still can dream, and pretend it is going on now, heh.

Well, I saw that and just wanted to get it out in the open.

I loved my time @ the Emergent Gathering. Tuesday and yesterday! You guys are awesome people and I am fully on board to be in discussion to do REAL ministry in the world we live in. It was also great to talk and be in relationship with others that share my same frustrations, and joys, and passion for reaching and being in this world. God bless you all, and I seriously doubt any of you will read this, but you rock!

If any one is interested in deep discussion on Christianity or just read a few blogs about the topic then you can check out these blogs:

(Granted these blogs just like all blogs are personal opinion and should not be taken as the one and only voice of Emergent.....besides get off that stuff people! Everything is someone's personal opinion at some level, even translations of the Bible or (gasp) the Methodist Book Of Discipline, heh. (I just think it is sad that I felt like I needed to make the disclaimer, heh) Untrustful we are yes? Sad world we live in yes? Full of hope but, yes? no? maybe? ............

Ryan's blog
Will's blog
Doug's blog
and to throw in some fun:

Churchmarketingsucks.com

seriously, these is so much stuff out there you really should have fun in this arena, if it floats your boat....heck even if it doesn't just check it all out.

No comments: