Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I will have a crazy week this week......

I am doing my normal week that I always do, but this week (After getting permission from my Sr. Pastor, heh) I will be attending as much of a gathering as I possibly can. It just so happens that the Emergent Church "movement/conversation" has a nationwide The Emergent Gathering each year @ Glorieta, NM (about 15 mins from my house!!!) and this stuff is right up my alley.(It is funny my alley is not dark or smells bad, or even has thugs in it, it is filled with people having fun, but at the same time searching for something beyond themselves or this world, and Video game, BLOGing, computer geek, home theater, sushi eating, fly fishing, fishers of men/women that are playing with the ones searching and growing deeper and deeper into a relationship with them, all the while God is helping them see a new kind of life in relationship with someone who is in relationship with "the other," "the all powerful," "mysterious," "pure love giving" God.
I have to admit by reading their web page it seemed a little "out there", and being from Northwest Texas anything that is not down to earth and common sense is labeled, "out there" heh, but from the first gathering stuff tonight I think this is going to be amazing! It really is a gathering time of people who care about ministry and living experiential authentic Christianity in the post-modern world that we live in. It is a time to just open discussion and develop relationships! (sounds like stuff I was wired for. I told Tiffany it is like sitting in a circle of about 50 Derek Webbs (Caedmon's Call singer/song writer/philosopher) I also told her that it was like I found all of my long lost brothers and sisters, heh. I really hope that Namiqa (my Sr. Pastor) will allow me to experience and live the discussion over the next 2-3 days out here.

Well, the only thing else I can say is here are two websites The Screensavers told me about that I thought I would pass along:

Halfbakery.com (<--Blake Myers this one is for you!)

&

Sodaplay.com (<---this one is just cool, and lots of fun! I can not even imagine the math that is going on with these things, but the little animals they have been really popular, are now available as tee-shirts and coffee mugs, etc.... cool though!)

No comments: