Monday, September 20, 2004

Hello Moto.....

Sorry, maybe I have been watching too much tv, heh.

BTW, where did the term "hello" come from? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "heaveno". I mean come on, why tell people when first seeing them something dealing with hell, when we could say "heaveno". I prefer that focus than "hell". I mean it even goes really well with "good bye". It just makes sense. Oh well.


OK Fish trip with my Father-In-Law Eddie:

Well, it was awesome being out in the lower part of CO fishing! I was walking in the Conejos River with my breathable waders on, casting my hand made fly on the top of the river and watching it lazily float down the river waiting for the exhilaration of a fish flying out of the water to try to eat my fly and then setting the hook, reeling it in, and pulling the net off my back to scoop the fish into it, and then returning it to the river.

Well, that did not happen the first 2 days I was with Eddie and his friends. The "catching the fish" part did not happen very well. I thin I caught three fish the whole 2 days I was with them, and then they went to another river to go fish that was further north, and I decided I would go fish my favorite spot on the river that I could never talk them into going to, and Saturday morning I got my limit (4 fish in CO) in 15 min. and then proceeded to catch and release 11 fish over the next hour, heh. Man it was good fishing, heh but I guess I was bad luck to Eddie, because they went to another river without me on Saturday and Sunday and they caught over 40 fish in two days, heh. I was so looking forward to rub it in to them, but oh well it was still lots of fun, and the beauty of all the mountains and river, and fish is just amazing! A great time, but I must admit.....I REALLY missed Tiffany, heh. Life is good and I am home now, heh.

Well, I saw two movies a while back and then saw another one Saturday and I thought I would give you my reviews....

First up:

The Whole Ten Yards

Tiffany and I saw this one on Pay Per View @ the house, and we really liked the first one because there was lots of good slapstick humor, and considering the big names on this movie(Bruce Wills, Matthew Perry), we were both disappointed. The plot was confusing enough for Tiffany, but lame for me, ha ha ha ha. I give this one a 4 out of 10. Watching it only if you have to make the parents happy of the girl/boy that your dating.

Vanity Fair

Oug!!! I am starting to wonder about Tiffany's choices in movies. As you can guess this is another one, heh. Well, I have never read the book, so I am judging the movie only, but lets just say the only good thing about this movie in the tingling feeling you get when your butt wakes up from sleep while walking out of the theater. This movie is filled with lots of plot that makes you so mad at the lead character that you could hit her.....over and over and over! It could have been a typical sweet and funny comedy (the usual chick flick of now-a-days that I can swallow every now and then because it has enough humor to keep me in my seat (and be with my wife...the real only reason I even go to these movies, heh...don't worry she pays me back with my movies too, heh) But the humor was lacking more than what I wanted/needed and it became not as light as I wanted it to be. Well, if you love the book and I sure you will not be suprised about this and will probably still hate the movie because it was not as good as the book, but enough rambling.... 3 out of 10.


Sky Capitan and the World of Tomorrow


Ok this one I thought was going to be a weird War of the Worlds remake, but I was suprisingly interested in the plot and liked the past/future theme and it even had some Biblical tie-ins!!! woohoo! oh ya! Well, the lady was annoying in this movie (at least in my eyes)but the movie was good, and I of course loved the special effects that they made look like older films. and I really loved the throw backs to the movies of old and how they paid homage to them all. Lots of really cool tie-ins that I am sure I could not see them all, but there were lots of little touches in the movie that I loved too. Like one statue of one man holding up another man with his brain in his friends brain in his hand offering it to something/one above them. IT was a cool touch and gave you good insight into the fun the director and the staff of the film had.....with the plot twists and the fact that it had Biblical tie-ins, and lots of cool special effects I give it 7.5 out of 10. Go see it if you like anything Sci-Fi.

Well, I am off to a meeting in Albq. love yall!

Jay Update:

Well the PET scan came back negative!!!!! Another good showing that he is cancer free right now. So this week he is just hanging out in his house and then he prepares for the Stem Cell Transplant next week.

Not sure about the number of posts this week, because I have Wednesday night stuff @ church, and wedding Friday and Saturday (actually wedding is Saturday, heh) and I am preaching this Sunday. So , yall have a great week!

Oh yeah I just did my first Baptism by my self today @ the home of a homebound older lady, and it was more beautiful than any mountains or fish, heh. Thank you God! God bless yall, and if you can take some time to remember your baptism, good bye and remember heaveno!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, D.G., I loved your blog this time and it also helps explain why we can't get you at home--you are doing a meeting in Alberquerque and sermon on sunday and wedding and baptism. I get lost in it all. I am very glad you got to go fishing and you still have something over on Eddie because you caught you yours so fast. I also loved Sky Captain and was pleasantly surprised. I love the description of Vanity Fair where the best thing was about your bottome getting to come awake when you got to leave the theater. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Deeg,
You're just now beginning to question Tiff's choice of movies? I could have told you about that 15 years ago, as I was being forced to watch "Anne of Green Gables" for the 127th time!

Glad you had fun fishing. We'll have to go fly fishing together some time!
CB

Anonymous said...

oh, DG, you know that Vanity Fair was your movie choice!!! I choose great movies, and Cody, it was only 100 times that you had to watch the most magnificent movies of all time!!!
Tiffany