Monday, August 09, 2004

Man I am tired.....

Wow I had no idea how tired this school I am at is making me. It really started with me waking up @ 3:15 am to catch my plane flight, then loosing 2 hours per day by operating in the Eastern Time zone. I am (in New Mexico time) am going to sleep @ 10:30 or 11:00 pm, but waking up at 4:15 am each morning. I am learning quite a bit, but I am still suprised about how great an education I received @ Asbury. I am telling yall that almost every class I attended was just a refresher course of about three classes I had of one class in Seminary. Thank you Asbury, even if by going to you I have a stamp on my head from all the "other" pastors, heh. I could careless because I will just prove to them that I am beyond my Seminary, I am a Christian first and foremost....even over me being a Texan, ha ha.

Well, during one session I wrote something down and I just wanted to share it with you today,

"I am sitting here in the middle of this church development school. This is the weirdest thing I have ever felt. (Have you ever felt something so strongly that you are 2° from exploding?) Most people have this feeling when it comes to love, religion, and justice.

I am having it with my passions, excitement, and absolute love of living out my calling in this world God has placed me & Tiffany. I am staying away from anyone who smokes, in the fear that I might explode! It is absolutely KILLING me! I know that the future of my life & family is going to be amazing for Jesus Christ & Everyone in this world! (I am not bragging...just having expectations of Jesus doing amazing things through me and Tiffany...just like all of us should have)

But, I am torn as to when & where & how it will happen. I spend so much time in prayer for God's guidance! GOD PLEASE SHARE WITH ME (in your time<--have to put that in, heh heh)It is amazing how I am learning patience! I am seeing all these amazing things going on in all these churches! The one I am in right now has a satalite church in an YMCA. The satalite church meets in the YMCA on Sundays. It is beneficial for both parts. the parent church that birthed the YMCA church beleives that if a church is booming and another church around them is not, then the large church is at fault to not help the other church. It is amazing....the Pastor (and he is a DS...those of you who are Methodist will be amazed by that) looks around him and if he or the church notices that one of the churches around them is hurting then his church will support them by sending praise band members until they can some some of thier own. they will give stuff to other churches for free that they are not using, they will consider buying a projector for them if that is what they need to get back on thier feet. (It is the way I beleive the UNITED Methodist church should look) Well, it is just frustrating that I am about to explode becuase I don't know when I will be able to put my passion and creativity into a church that will be fully supported by the conference and the church. Well I will just continue to grow in Christ and maybe learn more about patience than I would ever want to learn, ha ha ha.

Jay Update:

Jay is doing great. I talked to him yesterday and he said that his mouth is healing and he actually ate some chicken nuggets instead of only fruit!!! He will be seeing the Dr. this Thursday and if the Dr. thinks his body is ready, then he will start his last chemo 21 day treatment and then he will only have to worry about the Stem Cell Treatment!!! He is getting tired as anyone could expect, but he is one of the strongest fighters I have ever seen.....Hey Jay this is the reason you never played Football in High School.....God knew you would need all your energy for now, heh heh heh. Love you!

Tank you all and please KUTP! Love yall! Have a wonderful day!

Sorry no links or interactive posts lately...just no time and very tired, heh Thanks for the understanding. Buh bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep plugging, D.G. Nothing wonderful ever really comes instantly. I know you see a powerful need in the church as God does, too. It will take a long time to really wake most members of established churches to realize how God will just let his old churches die( as they are doing now) if they don't wake up. Maybe you are like one of the old prophets, you just sound the alarm. If I recall God had more frustrated prophets than happy ones. Even the one he called to wake up a town, and the prophet saw them actually wake up, that prophet even pouted that God hadn't actually destroyed them. I think working with people in many ways is always frustrating, but also in many ways (even if it is smaller) is also a great deal more lasting. I am amazed at how many of my former students now realize how much I really did love them by asking them to work hard and study. But at the time, I was a most evil of a teacher to many of them--and to their parents. Only time will tell if you are a trumpeter or someone that can actually see God's will in his own lifetime. We still love you and hurt with you when you cry over the fact that the established churches are just not reaching out. A lot of it is everyone needs to have a deeper prayer and spititual life first and, as you said, ask for God's direction. That comes when people really see a need. You are still being loved and supported and God, first, and then your mom and dad and wife are your greatest supportes. We deeply love and pray for you each day. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Love you mom

DGH said...

Well, Momma I apprecite your thoughtful words of support, but I think your just missing the point. I never expect this to happen immediatly, but it will happen and great things will happen for Christ.

I think they should have said a prophet is not accepted in his own towna dn family, heh. Thank you Momma, but even Jesus' family thought he was crazy.

Love you too!