Thursday, August 19, 2004

I wish....

Have you ever felt over whelmed with what was going on in your life (I really am not right now, but just saying it) that you wish you could somehow have about three Weeks set aside. Week one would be a homecoming of your high school, but just of your best friends, week two would be the same but this time it was your college friends, and then week 3 would be (in my case Seminary) the friends you had developed after you were married/got a real job. Man, there are so many people in my life that I wish I could introduce to others. Man, I just know that they would automatically have something in common right off the bat.....me, heh)

Besides that would be the greatest three weeks Even, and yet, that will be Eternity some day won't it! I know all my friends except only a handful are Christian, and if I believe all this Christianity stuff, then man, I can not wait for Christ to return (but I would love to have at least one baby before that time...maybe come back before the teen years, ha ha)

Really but I must tell you all I did a funeral yesterday, and to tell you the truth I think I like funerals better than weddings. With funerals you don't have to put up with the mother-in-law, heh (just kidding Toni, I love you) No one is telling you what to do, and there is something very special about honoring a life lived well. One you get to look back the other you look forward. This is nothing wrong with weddings at all I love them too, but funerals are just a little more meaningful to me.

Well, every time I do a funeral I use the Methodist book of Worship, and man I love the words of that ceremony! But I also get to have a small homily. Yesterday was for Betty Goodrich. She was a child of the depression and had to take care of her dying father at age 5 while her mother and old sister worked low paying jobs. She became a designer and just after she developed Alzheimer's they placed her in a Elderly care center they looked in her closet and they had created over 500 garments for her to wear! Hoo Dang! That is a bunch of sewing! Well, doing funeral always gets me excited about heaven. There is always so much discussion about how the second coming of Christ will occur, and probably not near enough dreaming of what it will be like! I can't wait to have a dinner in the presence of my enemies, because I know who will also be seated at the dinner table!!!!!! And I know that if I will get to eat with my enemies (by the way I hope it is a small company) then I know I will get to eat with my friends also!

Well, lets just say, I love yall and everything I type it I mean it! I can't wait some day to be bale to have my three weeks last an eternity, and who knows maybe me and Paul, or Peter, or Timothy, or Moses, or even John, or heck Joe Schmo from BFE will become best friends, ha ha ha ha.

Yall have a great day and God bless every single one of ya! And Keep Spreading the Good News (KSTGN) as well as KUTP for Jay and the Kingdom to come (to it's full restoration)

Talk to yall in a few days, cya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, we all still read this daily! How else would I keep up with you and Tiffany. Although I have to admit that I skip over some of the stuff that doesn't interest me as much (like sushi). Love you guys--Aunt Harryette

Anonymous said...

I still read D.G.!

Pepper

Anonymous said...

I still read D.G.!

Pepper

DGH said...

One click works Pepper, ha ha. Just kidding, I do that all the time when I think it does not waork and then bam there are five posts of ythe same thing, ha ha. Thank you both!