Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I am feeling a little under the weather....

Ever wonder how we get the phrases we say all the time? What exactly does feeling "under the weather" mean? Maybe that you are just out in the rain? hmmm.

Well, I did not do too much yesterday other than sleep a bunch, and I should probably do the same today, but I might try to go to work for a little bit.

I did go eat Sushi last night with Tiffany and the boys of her youth group for their (guys night out) In our churches there is something called Safe Sanctuaries. And this new model of protecting children and the workers of youth and children requires that there be at least 2 adults with youth or children at all times especially if you go somewhere off campus. Tiffany was not sure if any of the other adults would be able to make it, so I crawled into my car and drove to White Rock. (It was not all bad, I mean I got to eat Sushi, heh, but even I think that eating Sushi might not be the best thing for you when your sick, heh.

I woke up this morning with less muscle soreness, but I still have that "my head is going to explode" feeling.

Well, last night I was surfing around and out found out 2 interesting facts @ Slashdot.

The first said that George Lucas maybe thinking about making the last 3 movies of his Star Wars movies. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about.... The first three movies (back in the 70's and 80's) were the middle three movies of a 9 movie series. He has gone back now and filmed the first three movies (the prequals (sp?)) and now people think he may be thinking of making the last three to pick up after Return of The Jedi, because the workers @ Lucasfilm have all been made to sign an agreement that they will not talk to anyone about the movies 7, 8, and 9. Hoooooo, man that would be really cool! To read more go here.

Also I found out @ Slashdot that Microsoft made a huge translation mistake in a piece of it's software when it asked what gender the user was, heh. Apparently it had made an entire country of women very upset. Oh man, that has to hurt! If you want to read the article then just go here. (Actually this is a lot of mistakes that MS has done over seas!) Let this be a lesson to you (anyone) who wishes to do business over seas.) heh.

Well, I am going to go have my quite time now, and pray for healing....(For Jay of course) heh.

Oh yeah....

Jay Update:

Jay sounded the best I have heard him sound since he started all this stuff yesterday! His mouth is doing great and he is feeling a lot better! We are all hoping that this is a good sign! Please remember that he goes in on Thursday to find out if he still has cancer OR NOT! heh. Of course it is all of our prayers that he is cancer free and that we can celebrate about the healing, and of course if not, then we can still celebrate that God is continuing his good work in him and we will just bare down even harder on the cancer with the chemo and go on from there. All that said to say, please pray hard for these results to be cancer free!!!!

I (and Jay of course) really appreciate your prayers! It is obvious that our prayers were answered with him not getting mouth sores, so lets increase them another notch and see what happens!

Thank you all and God bless all of you! Take care and have a wonderful day!

Oh here is a photo (actually several satellite photos) that shows what the earth looks like at night:



For a BIG high rez image you can go here. I just thought it was beautiful and really amazing! I used to have a poster of this kind of image taped to my bedroom wall growing up! heh good times! I never knew how much Japan looked like a Dragon from space @ night, heh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deeg,
Allow me to do a little math here:
1. You feel "under the weather".
2. You have eaten raw fish in the past 24 hours.

Are you sure the two aren't connected?

BTW, Hope and pray that the cancer is gone!
CB

DGH said...

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the fish was not the reason....Tiffany is. You see Tiffany was sick the entire time of our anniversary, but she hid it from me so well, that I did not even know...so I know exactly how I got sick, heh Good try though Cody!

It is amazing though, if I really do have what Tiffany had, man she is alot tougher than I am, because man this thing is kicking my but (<-- left it clean for the young'ns)

Anonymous said...

Deeg,
I feel your pain. I too, at numerous times in my life, have gotten sick of Tiffany. Oh wait, you got sick FROM Tiffany. Never mind. My bad.

Just kidding! Put the butcher knife back in the drawer, Tiff. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
CB