Saturday, August 14, 2004

Gardening......

One of my Seminary Professors would tell our class how much he loved gardening. And actually he meant farming (because he has such a huge garden, heh) He would tell how amazing it was to work with his hands and to figure out the challenge of keeping something alive and producing good fruit. I never really understood what he talked about because I never worked in the garden. (I never had a garden to work in for that matter, heh) But, now that I have a "garden" I am fining it a challenge, but very rewarding. And I think there is something about working in the ground and soil. (Except Santa Fe has clay for dirt, and it is basically concrete do actually dig in!) There is something like I am getting back to my roots (ha ha pun intended) You know all those years working on a farm in West Texas growing up was different. Back them I just wanted money and would do that hard work to get it, and beside I was not too often down in the dirt, but up on a tractor) But this time, it is because I actually are about the plants and the ground and the look of something that is mine. The lady that lives beside me even talks to her plants and says that it helps them grow better, heh. I don't know if I would go that far, but I talk to my dog and cat as if they were human, heh.

You know I see all the things around me that I care for. I can not even imagine how much Tiffany and I will care for our children some day, but isn't it amazing all the ways that we emulate God in the things we do. God cares for us so much that not a day is spent without day dreaming who we could become for Him and with Him. He loves us so much that he even has plans for us! But, there is just something about trying to allow something to grow from the very ground of the earth.

You know I know of someone who grew something out of the soil of the earth. And the garden was never finish and made perfect until this part of it was created from the very soil. Have you ever noticed that is was only after God created human beings that he stopped saying that is was good and started calling all of his created garden very good!

When was the last time you look at yourself and saw that you are very good in God's eyes? You see he is still growing us up in his garden. It may look very differently now, and it may seem like you are just barely clothed and hiding from God from the bad things you have done to Him and others, but in reality, Jesus Christ came to fix that relationship. So that all of us can experience true relationship with God, to walk and talk face to face with Him! Please know as we are all continuing to grow in His Garden that it was you and only you that made the entire creation very good!

"A lot of cases of depression in Christians, just need a good dose of creation story to help them see how special and wonderful they are in the eyes of God." Bill Arnold Basic OT Class Jan '99

Well, I will throw something else in here.... I just read an article about a new material that they are calling rubber metal. It apparently has all the abilities of rubber, but can still can conduct electricity like a solid piece of metal. Very cool if you ask me, I wonder what all the possibilities with this invention are!

Jay Update:

Well, just as soon as I was about to call my brother for today's update I see that he jumps online with his laptop from his hospital room and signs on to MSN Chat! I thought Jay could give you his own update! Here is a copy of our conversation:

D.G.: Hey!!!
Jay: Hey
D.G.: I am just about to blog an update for you!
D.G.: how are you?
Jay: Hey hey'
Jay: I am good
D.G.: good
Jay: I am keeping my fingers crossed for this to go well
D.G.: Well, we are too, but more like hands folded over, ha ha
Jay: My numbers are ok but not great
D.G.: numbers=white blood cell counts?
Jay: I hope that the mucocitise is low this time it should start 22nd
D.G.: yeah me too
Jay: Wbc and rbc
Jay: Wbc= fever and mucocitise
Jay: Rbc=tiredness energy
D.G.: yeah
D.G.: I love you more than you or I will ever know! And you are always in my prayers! I wish I could be there with you, but I know you are in good hands! (Sheila's and God's heh)

Please pray for the cancer to be gone, because this is the last treatment of intensive Chemo and then only a stemcell transplant after this one. With his counts being Ok, but not great he is a little worried about it all. plus he hates the mouth sores from the chemo side effects. So maybe that can up us focus our prayers. Thank you again and KUTP!!!!

Well for those of you who missed it you missed a really good opening ceremony @ this years Summer Games! Lots of Greek Mythology and history of Greece! It was done very well, and not too futuristic which was really good in my eyes. I really wish that I could watch certain events, but we are stuck with the most popular to see. I wish DirecTV or DISH would treat them like they do all the football games or baseball games and that you could purchase the events that you would like to see. I would love to watch (if I could choose) Hammer throw, Shot-put, Discus, diving, 400 relay, polevault, high jump, long jump, Taekwondo, Judo, Archery, Weightlifting, and of course TABLE TENNIS!!!! heh Well, yall have fun watching the games and hopeful it will all at the very least give you a break from reality for a few seconds. To know more about the events and when they should be on you can go to nbcolympics.com

Oh, and I just found that my Seminary has their own blog no so you can check it out if you so desire.....ATS Blog.

Love ya all as always, and God bless ya!

No comments: