Sunday, August 15, 2004

Hmmmmmmm.....

Well, have you ever wanted to blog, but not sure what to blog about? I love blogin, and I know I have been a little lax on it lately. I apologize. You would think that while Tiffany was gone I would do more blogging, but in reality, I did yard work, heh.

I think I am loosing it some times. I mean I go from one hobby to the next all the time. I will spend about one month on one thing (home theater) and then just go to another one (gardening) and then go to another (Wood Carving) one and then go to another one (Computers). It is like a longer term ADD problem, heh. (though several people think I have ADD anyway, heh) Let me give you an example:

When Tiffany and I moved here, our front yard was junk. The older man who (well rented the house before us) kept the front yard was much too old to be outside (or he could have just not cared, heh) but the front and back yards were horrible!!! (The back still is, but I might try to grow a veggi garden out back, heh) But anyway, I decided I would surprise Tiffany and go buy her four rose bushes. So, I put all the rocks in the front in the shape of a cross (the neighbors really need a little subtle Jesus around here) and then planted a rose bush in each corner. Now, that was not too much fun considering the ground here is freaking clay!!! Well, a long story short, I go into building a fountain in the front, and now the front yard has 4 rose bushes, 6 hummingbird type plants, 6 hummingbird mint plants, rosemary, oregano, parsley, onion, one tree, 2 Russian Sage, one large bush, and 5 other plants that I have no idea what the heck they are but they are cool!. So, I did that for a while and I am barley keeping enough water on them to stay alive. (welcome to a high desert!) Then I decided that I wanted to get into hummingbirds, so I did all the research on them and got the best feeder, etc... and now I have tons of hummingbirds.

I then decided that I wanted to learn how to do woodcarving. You know the plants die in the winter and hummingbirds don't come around, so you need to find some other kind of hobby, and guess what?...Woodcarver was it for me. Once again, I decided to ask Tiffany what she would want me to carve her (actually I think I came up with this one on my own...but it is always better to blame the spouse, heh) And since we have a king size bed, but nothing for a head bord or foot bord. I also knew Tiffany always wanted a bed with four posts @ each corner, so after finding Andy in out church (a master wood carver) he taught me how to carve wood. Well, I have 4 posts in my garage and I have not even finished one pole yet, heh. (I guess the summer happened again and then I went back to flowers and hummingbirds, heh.) But, now I have a hobbie for the summer and the winter (but I might want to buy a space heater for the garage, heh (or maybe I could just start the car and then pull it in the garage and let the engine heat it up, heh.) Well, now I am feeling the bug of needing a new computer this Christmas. (and I am sure it will only get worse after Halo2 comes out) Tiffany calls this my "problem". Here is the tmeline of DG and his desiring (i.e. see Tiffany's understanding of the "DG Problem") after something (i.e. materialism in a lot of cases)......

Day 1 "OOOHHHHH, wow Tiffany look at that!"
Day 30 "You know you could put that one down on my Christmas list if you want."
Day 60 "Man, I sure would like that!"
Day 120 "I really like that!"
Day 150 "Oh man, I need that"
Day 151 "No, seriously, I really need that"
Day 180 "Girl do you think I could use my Birthday money to buy that?"
Day 181 "Hey Girl, do you think I could use my birthday and Christmas money to buy that"
Day 210 "Tiffany.......I love you"
Day 240 "Tiffany remember when I told you that I love you?...Well, I bought that thing I was telling you about....is that OK?"
Day 265 "OK I will return it...I know we need to pay the gas bill instead of owning this"
Day 300 "Happy Birthday Tiffany here is your gift....see it is that thing I was wanting, but look it is really a purchase for both of us (smile)"
Day 330 "Man, I love eating Ramen noodles for every meal, hmmmmm hmmmm good"

Well, that is the progression. Sometimes it is a little bit faster (ok, most of the time it is a lot faster, but you get the idea, heh)

Thank you Tiffany for putting up with me, I love yo more than life Girl....and don't you ever forget it!

Jay update:

Talked to Jay this afternoon and he was doing good. He was about normal, and been through this so many times he knows what to expect. Please keep praying that his mouth is not as bad as it has been in the past (due to the side effects of the chemo). If everything goes good then the Dr.'s might let him out tomorrow, if not then he WILL get to go home on Tuesday! That is really good news, but that is when his mouth starts drying up too, so this is an important time. I love him sooo much, and I can not tell any of you how much I apprecite your prayers! Man oh man, I love every single one of you! Thank you and please with all our hearts KUTP!

Well, I think I will leave you all with some quotes from my favorite book that I am reading right now.....

The book is An Unstoppable Force Daring to become the church God had in mind by Erwin Raphael McManus:

"The purpose of the church cannot be to survive or ever to thrive but to serve. And sometimes servants die in the serving." pg23

We've spent millions of dollars preserving our music and hymnals rather than creating worship that expresses the culture in which we live." pg25

"america's best athiests are children of the church."pg28

(talking about some of the greatest enemies of the church) "The problem has not been that these individuals of significant influence were outside the sphere of the church's influence, but that, in fact, they sat in the center of the church and remained unchanged at the core." pg28

"People are rejecting Christ because of the church! Once we were called Christians by an unbelieving world, and now we call ourselves Christians and the world calls us hypocrites." pg29

"The cultural environment became comfortable, and the gospel shifted from a church "on mission" to a church that supported missions" pg30

"Are we too much about us getting fed and too little about us exercising our faith?" pg31

"If those who prepare for leadership are looking for the safe place, who will lead the church into the dangerous places?" pg32

"Only dead men can follow the God of the cross" pg33

(Talking about the church) "You can change the name, but if you don't change the heart, the atrophy will kill you in the end." pg35

(and all those are in the introduction to the first chapter!!!!) Oh man, I love this guy!!!! Do yourself and your church a favor and buy this book then live it and share it with others in your church! It can do nothing but help your churches live for Christ the way they are meant to! Love yall have a great night, and please pray for God's church especially the one you attend!!!!

1 comment:

DGH said...

What is up with no one posting comments? I guess I am just not posting something that is interesting enough to have discussion, heh.