Thursday, July 08, 2004

Well I am back home in the office.

Well, I finally got my email/internet/network up and working on my church computer and man, I had a lot of email. I think the grand total was 390 emails over the course of one week!!! Granted only 76 of them were actually email I cared about and the rest were Spam, I was still amazed! I can't wait for the church to start using the new email address for all the staff members, heh. Maybe then the Spam will not be as bad...well for a little time at least.

(and Thank you God for a free internet Spam filter!!!)

Jay Update:
Well, I talked to Jay today and he seemed tired, but he said he is feeling good. He said it was wonderful to be home, and that when he is home he tends to get out of bed and move around a lot more instead of just laying in a bed all day for 6-? days straight! Man, I can't even imagine, heh. Well, he said that his mucus was starting to dry up (side effect of the chemo), but it was not too bad and he was drinking lots of water to keep his mouth working properly. Jay also told me that he felt similar to the way he did when he was receive the CHOP Chemo a while back. It was difficult for him to explain, but something like have short bursts or energy every now and then, but feeling like he has strength, but to weak to use the strength. heh Well, it sounds wired enough to be impossible to describe, so lets just say he still needs your prayers, ha ha. (Good enough for me, and Jay and Sheila I am sure, heh)

Well, when I was traveling I read a LOT of magazines, and I found on Magazine named WIRED. and I found a awesome section filled with limit facts...so I thought I would share a few with you all:

Maximum time Earth has left: 5 Billion Years. Why? That is when the sun goes red Giant and expands beyond the Earth's orbit.

Shortest possible time: 5.4x10 to the -44th degree. Why? Any shorter and quantum mechanics can't tell whether events are simultaneous. (I wonder if this is the time God deals with, heh)

Maximum distance we can see: 15 billion light-years. Why? (it is longer than you thought huh?) The universe is about 15 billion years old - this is light's travel time.

Shortest possible distance: 6.4x10 to the -34th degree. Why? Planck length. Any shorter and quantum mechanics can't tell between here and there. (now that is short) (probably similar to the length of hair Jay has, and I once had, heh)

Ok well, there are several more so now you can all go show off how smart you are and make other think you are a genius with your random science genius, heh. I am glad I could help!

Well, yall have a great night tonight and God bless you all. Keep up the prayers and thank you all!

Oh yeah almost forgot...the Easter Egg (it is a sneaky one this post) is for you Halo2 fans out there. but just be sure that you DL (download) the latest Quicktime before you click on it. Man it is awesome, and I promise you, if your a Halo2 fan you will want to see it.

Here is a link to the latest Quicktime 6.5

Yall take care and God bless you... OK I will throw in one my hero's website right here. Have a great night...or for most of you a good day, heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halo 2 is looking sweet.
-Stevo

Anonymous said...

Deeg,
Chrystal & I (as well as everyone we know) are still praying for Jay.

As far as your wife, Tiffinita needs a few ideas as to what to post on her blog. Just a few educated suggestions:
1. People who ask "Is that good" hundreds of times per day.
2. People who talk in a baby voice.
3. The natural beauty of southeastern New Mexico.
4. People with obnoxious friends from high school.
5. People with obnoxious friends from college.
6. People who go to college with their obnoxious friends from high school.

And finally,
7. The tragic tale of the blue tights.

Let me know if you need anymore suggestions.
CB