Thursday, July 08, 2004

Ok I will do this now...

After a short talk last night in bed with my wife, I have decided (by her wonderful almost Jedi-like persuasiveness) to write the blog in the morning or afternoon. It seems I have gotten hooked by the power of the blog and have not been spending quality time each night with Tiffany....(please understand I take full responsibility, and I do spend too much time on the computer anyway.) So, I will try to do my updates in the morning or afternoon much more often so I can spend wife time and not as much computer time in the evenings.....

(note to all husbands: You would do well to follow my lead here, you might end up helpless, because she does almost everything for you anyway, and sine people to live together start to look like each other, you would go back to being ugly....like this poor husband who did not listen to my advice)

Well, I was looking on the net as usual at home and I came across something interesting. If you have never shopped thinkgeek.com then you need to spend some time there especially if you have a geek family member that loves that stuff. There is even some stuff on there that I have to ask Jay or Thor about to catch the joke, so have some fun...and check out those light sabers (Darth's looks cool)! You can find stuff like this: (that is a led programable name badge!) and this and this and even THIS and of course you need this and this and this to go along with it.

Well, every now and then I have the urge to desire to spend money. And for some reason I (and you know you do this too, every now and then) decided that I need to revert back to a small child holding the Sears catalog and circling everything I want for Christmas and dog-earing the page for my parents to see exactly what I wanted. My mother says that I had the uncanny ability to desire the most popular toy/game/clothes in the US at the time period, and just knew that I should be on some council to help marketers decide what would and would not sell. ha ha. I wonder if I still do that (Tiffany?)

Well, I found that when I have these urges I open up my Amazon Wish List and start sifting through Amazon on what I would love to buy, and for some reason I feel like I am shopping and actually buying the products (but in reality I am just putting it in my wish list) It is funny, sometimes how I can fool myself into thinking that I am buying it, but not really buying it. Well, everytime I feel this compulsiveness to purchase, I think of

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; 5 it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; 10 but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. 13 So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Have I fully put away childish things? I know being a good Wesleyan, that this perfection of heart, mind, and spirit (i.e. right relation with God) I know the answer to the question is "no". Now there are some things that being child-like is a wonderful thing (i.e. Faith) but I know I am still continuing down this road of life learning each day how to walk closer and closer to God each and every step I take. And so, the lord has put Tiffany, Parents, Jay, Sheila, family, the church, friends, etc... in my life to help with this process to right relationship with God.

So, have you grown up? Are you even desiring to grow up? To be mature in Christ, in all things, in all places, in all relationships? I pray that you can listen to the leading whispers of God in your life to help you mature in Christ. Listen to them in the words of family, friends, non-Christians, movies, circumstances, holidays, pets, sickness, health, and even The Bible! Lets grow together in this thing called life, and grow closer to God each day so that we can bring each other mature in Christ!

Love you all, take care and god bless you all. Keep up the prayers for Jay and Sheila and know you are prayed for as well.

2 comments:

DGH said...

Is the baby picture messing up for anyone? For some reason it will not show on my computer unless I click on its properties and then cut and paste it's web address into explorer, view it, and then press the back button.

Weird! Thor...any help here?

DGH said...

Hey Jay thanks for the comment! Love you sooo much.