Sunday, May 30, 2004

Philippians blows me away!

Well, I just got through reading the ENTIRE 4 chapters of Philippians, heh. You can do the same here, but I really would encourage any and all of you to attend a staff meeting at your church some day. While it might not be a good experience you will get a new appreciation of what actually goes on inside the church and how the church is NOT perfect in any strech of the imagination, but despite it's lack of perfection, it is still a wonderful place to experience God in the joys and even in the forgiveness. This letter is an amazing reminder of why I am who I am. It is because I love god and I love the church, and I realize that every person in the world that is not a Christian could be one. To imagine that Paul is sitting in a prison writing this is awesome, and much like the Wesley Covenant Prayer He basically gives God everything including his life. At one point he even considers how great it would be to die and be with Jesus. Man, to a casual non-Christian would think he is suicidal or his conditions in prison must be horrible, but he speaks of this life as being wonderful too. Filled with Joy! Man, we Christians, but sounds crazy, and sometimes I think I am, but then I realize how wonderful this life I have in. And how wonderful it is to be a part of a Joy filled place like God's church!
Well, today we celebrate this wonderful thing called the church. We celebrate this Pentecost Sunday with great joy and amazement. I know even though I will not see flames on any heads today (as long as the acolytes keep the candles away from old ladies blue hair then I won't) I will still know the Holy Spirit is among us, living in us, and working through us, around us, and (probably most of the time) working despite us! Thank you god for such a wonderful day to celebrate your presence with us! Please transform your church to who you need us to be! Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you Love god,or God?
I Love God and you DG,
Reese
ps in the most manly Christian heterosexual way possible.