Saturday, May 29, 2004

Much ado about nothing...(in other words, What to do with this BLOG)

I realize that somewhere down the road that I will be posting to this BLOG only to be hearing my self speak and I will get tired of it and not make it any kind of priority in my life and this too shall pass, but right now even if this might be a fad I am going through I will have fun while it is here, and I hope you (the no named no faced ubiquitous character that is always listening and hit or miss caring) can have fun too.

I thing that I find myself almost having a attention deficit disorder when I am writing and typing, because I constantly want to have foot notes or parentheses to explain something else or give you the reader another little insight. I wonder if it is because I love DVD's and they do this all the time with giving you insights on the fly while you watch the movie? Then when I catch myself doing that I then stop after writing the "inside track" and have to pause and gather my thoughts and remember what I was writing about the first time, ha ha. Even though it is frustrating, it is still somewhat fun.

Ok back to what I will use this Blog for....
It seems at first thought I want to use this Blog to help others out. (what can you expect from a Pastor, heh) Showing them all the things I have done right and wrong in this life so far and hope that they can use my life as an example (good or bad). I almost want to treat this Blog as all the things I would want to teach my children (even though I don't have any...YET! :) ) But then I think to myself, "Hey! Isn't that for YOUR child! And for them to pass on to their children?" But, in all honesty, nothing I would tell my child is something I would want to hide from the rest of the world.

But then I look at other Blogs, and it eventually turns into all about them (which is what this Bolg has already turned into, ha ha) or just them talking about the latest news. I am sure this will get there soon, but I truly want to help people out, so I wonder if you could ask me questions via email and then I could attempt to answer them, and that would allow both you (if you is even reading this) and me grow in life by learning about all kinds of things and who knows maybe even grow closer to God.

So...I guess I will also, direct people to the Forum I created to talk about Christian issues and grow closer to God, but also provide a place to just hang out on the net and enjoy each other. Here is the website:
TheBlessing.org Forum

I will continue to push this website until "several" people actually use it, ha ha. It was dead for a while but now it is gaining a little new life.

OK, well, it is Saturday and dang it I want to loosen up a bit, so I will just maybe play a game watch a movie or keep carving on the bed posts for Tiffany.

Oh I was wanting to put up a picture just to be able to do that, so here is a picture:

Needless to say I am a wired but fun individual, and to think that this was in the Seminary Directory while I was in Seminary, and is still shown by me per directed by my wife every time we meet someone new. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh heh; Sweet. Deeg has a blog. I'll be checking on a semi-daily basis now, and if you slack off -- I'll bludgen you with a wet noodle. Do we understand each other? Good. ;^)

THOR
- http://thor.hypermart.net

DGH said...

Thanks Thor...you are my inspiration, heh (sometimes :)