Tuesday, October 09, 2007

more stuff from the emergingumc: a gathering MP3s, presentations, and a few great stories!


(cool logo Carl...or who ever made it!)

Hey everyone here is a great link to summarize a few of the sessions and a few power points from the sessions at the event!

http://emergingumc.blospot.com


if you just want the MP3s/podcasts then go here:

The Emerge Detroit Podcast

This is a freaking awesome site and podcast BTW! (love ya Carl!)

And I think this is the first official podcast with my voice in it! So enjoy!

------------------------------------------------
I think this is a FREAKING cool logo:

------------------------------------------------
OK, Tiffany and I were in Michael's the other day and I just had to buy these:
There will not be any question as to the gender this year of our Christmas Tree! Can't wait to hang them!
-----------------------------------------------------

Oh and this one has a great story behind it!...As some of you know, I was at an "emergingumc: a gathering" event in Nashville, TN this past weekend! It was great and a fun time was had by all!

Now a few of you need some background on this picture. The unofficial headquarters of most of the world wide denomination of the United Methodist Church is found in Nashville. And the building that we had all of our sessions and discussions in was the General Board of Discipleship of the entire United Methodist Church. (GBOD for short). The building that the beer truck is parked in front of is this building! It was so funny that i just had to get a picture of it!

(now, please know that the truck was unloading across the street to a restaurant, and NOT to the GBOD, but it was too classic of a statement!) God bless yall, and KUTPs!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

D.G., I did listen to the pod cast of you and Gary presenting at the meeting. I really enjoyed it and it was very informative. I think you both did an excellent job of your presentations. I felt that, unless there was more to your presentation that I did not hear, D.G., that perhaps more detail on the exact meeting agendas of your organic gatherings would have been helpful. I guess you told them about your further explanation on your Waters web site for the actual lessons and activities that your groups do. Anyway, it sounded as though someone wasn't clear on how much time you and Gary had for your group. Did you ever have time to answer questions? This that I heard was more of what you and Gary were doing. Anyway, this mother really apprecaited all the trouble you went through in doing the pod cast and it was very clear in my getting to hear it. thanks again. God continue to love and bless you and Gary and may the new Organic gatherings be wonderful functioning groups of "real community". Love, Mom

DGH said...

thanks mom! And yes, of course there was time for questions afterwards, it is just that the session had to end, and we did not feel like we did a justice to everyone there, because the Q's were not asked, due to time issues...but the next session was much better, in my own opinion, but anyway that is that. Thanks for listening. I love you too.

gavin richardson said...

nice pic bro. i think i am going to circulate it through the gbod with some claim on apportionment dollars.

Anonymous said...

is the logo of a trinitarian star trek fan? or is it a new church in st louis and that is supposed to be the arch

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my question. It is something I summarized for my SS class this Sunday and it really helped a lot of them understand what you and Gary are doing. They thought it was actually an idea and a method that would really work and that it is something that even our church could try to do. Maybe I might try something like this after I let my minister go to this site and listen to you and Gary talk. It is so important that United Methodist churches outreach and it is a very lonesome, often fruitless method and methods that we have been trying. I think the idea of real relationships with God at the center of it all is a key to any church formation group and outreach. Thanks again. Love, Mom

DGH said...

Gavin: thanks! and yeah sounds like a good joke!

David: Nice! Yeah, Every time I see this logo it reminds me of something like that, heh... It is actually in all the elevators in the GBOD, it is a steel company's logo.

Mom: Thanks again! I love how you feel like you have to leave a comment for every post, heh heh... your so sweet!