Friday, June 08, 2007

I am going to Guatemala July 17th - 27th...& I need your help!



Dear Friends, Family, and Lovers of Christ...and everyone else (heh),

I greet you and invite you to join me in bringing The Kingdom of God into the lives of others.

For some time now, I have been feeling a call to be the hands and feet of Christ in some form of foreign missions. One of the places that God has been teasing me with is Guatemala. I have never been to this country, but it just kept on coming up in conversations and in my thoughts for the past few months. Then, I went to a worship service with some friends and the topic arose that they were sending a group of guys and maybe a few gals to Guatemala to bring the Kingdom into fruition in the hearts and lives and communities in Guatemala! I knew that God wanted me to go!

I will be following the lead of God traveling to Guatemala July 17th through the 27th. While there, I will be serving alongside friends that serve Vineyard Central (a network of house churches in Cincinnati. And a cousin church to Th3 Waters) Currently, it looks like we will be serving Christ by helping gang prisoners, orphans, schools, and any other ministry that might need our assistance. The amount of money I am trying to raise to go on this mission that includes airfare/shots/food/lodging is $1,200, and any extra money raised will go towards any other missional needs in Guatemala!

But, please above all else, shower us and those God desires for us to minister to in prayer!


Two ways you can financially support this Kingdom event:

1. Directly to me: D.G. Hollums, 8585 Old Toll Road, Florence, KY 41042 (by mail/check)

OR

2. for a tax deduction: Vineyard Central, 1757 Mills Avenue, Norwood, OH 45212

Here are stories from Vineyard Central from previous mission trips

We will be staying with a friend Jeremiah and his family who live in Guatemala as missionaries.

Please go to his website to learn more about how he and his family are making a difference and a sample of what we may be doing.

Thank you again for all your help, prayers, thoughts, and financial support.





Thank you for your support! God bless yall...and now more than ever KUTPs!!

2 comments:

Markus Watson said...

Very cool, D.G.! There's something powerful about sharing life (even if only for a few days or a few hours) with someone who is cultures away. I'm looking forward to praying for you, giving you some cash, and then hearing all about it!

DGH said...

Thank you so much Markus! Thank you!