Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So I was surfing around the net and.....

Well I was enjoying the blog of my good friend Markus: StreachyChurch and saw this video called Mr. Diety...and here it is just incase you want to watch it:

(Disclaimer: This theology is WAY OFF, but man this really is funny. The old guy is God (the Father) the young guy is Jesus, and Larry is Holy Spirit)



So, then I found this video that some one shot @ Lake Louise where Tiffany and I went on our honeymoon...and man this made me miss being able to be with my wife for longer than just a date night here and there:



Anyway and it got me thinking.... I just got off the phone with another friend Aaron (disclaimer: he has not updated in a long time), and I was talking about the importance of Sabbath (and we talked about this in staff today too @ Florence UMC) and I realized that Tiffany and I have not been on vacation since we graduated from Seminary. All the vacation time that we build up during the year we take during Christmas and New year to spend with our families. and while i love that time...it really is not necessarily a true vacation. And to be honest, planting a church and being a part of a traditional church at the same time is a very tiring and time consuming thing. I really think that I need a vacation. But even if we did carve out a time for a vacation, we would not have any money to take one. It is just frustrating and honestly we do not see any sabbath or vacation time in the future. Plus moving and Tiffany starting up a new job is not helping anything either. but i am really sensing that I and we need some good marriage vacation time. We have talked about in the past going to Walt Disney World before we adopt/have kids and then get to save up and go back with kids....and we have also kicked around the idea of going with other couples on vacation together...kind of like a Sr. trip with adult married friends...and how much fun that would be....but then all of our dreams are dashed against jagged rocks when we look at our lives, and lack of funds.... anyway...just talking out loud here... and if you feel the same way a little bit..... I would say just go for it... really be intentional and start saving up now and set a desired date to go and work for it.... you deserve it....and Lord knows I will try to join you and take some of my own advice. love yall and God bless!!! KUTPs!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOpe you can have at least a short vacation even somewhere close--that might be more feasable that Disney World. Just getting away together--even to a park or a museum or zoo might give you more true time together. Being entertained is not the same thing as quality time--at least to me. We love you both and know that soon maybe things will settle down and you can enjoy just being together more. If you need to, Daddy and I could give up some of our time when you come to Texas for you to be together since we for sure will come to see you this summer or early fall. Love, Mom