Thursday, March 15, 2007

We got a washer...but they took my laptop....

Yep, you read that one right.... 2 guys came again today to install the new washer (that replaced the broken one they tried to install yesterday) and here is how it went down.

I was working on my laptop checking email and about to start work on the Saturday evening worship talk...when the door bell rang. I cosed the laptop (and with a Mac it went to sleep mode) and set it in the Home theater chair beside the other one I was sitting in. I went to the front door holding Halo back...and it was the H.H. Gregg delivery team here to install my new washer and stack the already existing dryer on top of the washer!!! Woo hoo...(Tiffany and I have been living out of out suitcases we were in desperate need for clean clothes!)

Well, I watched them most of the time while they installed the appliances. And then I asked them if they would like a drink...and the new guy (one of them came last week) said that he would like to taste my new favorite drink "Bawls"....so I left them and went up stairs and got him the drink. I brought it down to him and everything was fine... Well, I had needed a wrench to take the shower head off upstairs and I thought that maybe they would have brought one with them...and sure enough they did have one...so they let me borrow it and I went upstairs to go and take of the shower head.

I guess it was during this time that they finished and walked into the Home Theater room to find a Mac Book Pro just sitting there in the chair. Sleeping...not doing anyone any harm... just laying down there with it's little glowing white light in the front...and I guess one of them (or both of them) decided that it would be fun to steal a $2,900 laptop ($2,500 with two programs on it that were not cheap). Well, I walked down stairs to find the new guy waiting for me to sign the paper work so they could leave. I noticed that the other guy was already in the truck and the truck was running. Then we walked back into the Home Theater room to sign the papers and I noticed that they put the washer's instruction booklet on top of the laptop in the chair... I signed the paper and they told me it might be a good idea to just let the dryer and washer go through one cycle to make sure that they were working...I said OK, and walked the new guy out of the garage door and watched him get into the huge white box truck.

Well, I went back inside and turned them both on to make sure everything was good and then I sat back down and reached over for my computer to find that my computer was not covered up by the washer instruction manual, but had been replaced by it!!!! I freaked out! I torn the chair apart hoping to find it in the cracks or under the chair with no luck...then I tore apart my other chair the one I was originally sitting in and nothing....then I decided to just go up stairs to look all over the place for the laptop..............nothing.... then it dawned on me the only person inside the house other then me, Halo(the dog), and Sushi (the cat)? The H.H. Gregg guys!!!! then I got mad! So the first thing I did was cal the H.H.Gregg 800 number to tel them the installers stole my laptop....after waiting for an operator ad being transfered 2 times, I talked to Vinnie (sp?) he proceeded to tel me that I must have made a mistake because these guys have been on the job for a long time and all of there workers go through background checks, etc...I told him that they did it and he sad that he would call them and call me back....I proceeded to tell him that that was not the best idea...because it they did steal it...they would never tel their boss they stole it and they would know that i was on to them......bu the guy would not help me at all and so I got off the phone and proceeded to call the previous home owner (who just so happens to be a cop!) I told him and he was @ my house in a matter of mins. I told him everything and he took the invoice and called and talked to Vinnie (who would not help him either (at all) and really ticked us both off. He hung up the phone and told me to go ahead and call in the theft and they sent an Elsmere policeman to the house to make an official report. I told the policeman everything and he got eh serial number of the laptop, etc. and all the info. They started to look for the huge white box truck, and I don't thin they found them. Well, long story long... I have to call the church's insurance company tomorrow and make an official report to them, as well.

And to top it all off the washer was leaking after they left... I fixed it myself...bt still I mean come on...this is stinking horrible! The loss prevention guy @ H.H.Gregg called me and apologized profusely, and told me that he was contacting the general manger for the area and would do the best he could to take care of the situation. Then about 45 mins. after that conversation, a rep. from the delivery company Affinity,and a rep from H.H. Gregg. showed up to my house and wanted to see first hand all about the incident etc... so I walked them through the house and told them everything and gave them the police report, etc... So, we will see what comes of all of this.

so, if anyone sees a MacBook Pro laying around anywhere that has all of my stuff in it's programs...could you just get it to me and bring it back. We (Tiffany and I) went to tonight to have our date night and I told here wen we get back maybe the laptop fairy would bring us a new one...and sure enough....I guess he/she forgot my house...oh well. It is a laptop after all, and not a human being...so I have a good view point on all of this..but it still sucks!


And the funny thing is, man I would have given these two guys the money in my wallet if they just would have asked for it. I really liked them and if yall know me at all I would have invited them to dinner if I had seen them again.....but even now I love them. I wish I could just talk to them. Let them know what I know about grace, love, and forgiveness. I would have done (and still would) almost anything for them. Oh well, please pray for all involved. the two guys, all the H.H.Gregg people, the Affinity delivery guy, and the policemen who help throughout this whole ordeal. God loves them too.

Well, please pray for Tiffany and I, as well. We are interviewing with the KY Conference tomorrow afternoon to be transfered over the the KY Conference of the United Methodist Church! We are excited about it and can't wait to tell more people about Th3 Waters.

Thank you all for reading my blog. your thoughts and prayer are always greatly appreciated! and please KUTPs!!!! God bless!

7 comments:

Fitz said...

Sucks, dude...

Anonymous said...

Sorry, bro!

mattl said...

FYI... DG would like everyone to know that the laptop was returned. He'll comment more when he has the chance to.

Justin said...

what do you mean its not like its a human... ITS A MAC!! lol jk That sucks

x said...

Im really interested to know the outcomen of this, I hope its as descriptive as the original sotry

x said...

i look forward to the story on how he got it back

Anonymous said...

Really hard--especially since it was the church's computer. It is sad to realize that the desire for things is one of the primary reasons we have so much evil. God still makes things work together of Him. Love, Mom