Wednesday, November 01, 2006

This morning's run, WISH list, Materialism, and Nanaw update......

So here is the place I love to run @ in Ft. Thomas! I really do miss running here if, 1)I can not have enough discipline to wake up in time, 2)it is raining, or lastly 3) My body needs to recover for the previous morning's run, heh...

There are a few more photos over @ my flickr page if you want to see a few more.
This is my view from the home stretch...but the Nike+ device most of the time is off, and so I get to run a little more...and that is fine I need too anyway.
This is the sign that I was was not up....I would go much more often if I knew that I could bring Halo...but oh well, I am sure that the soccer players appreciate not finding the gifts that halo would leave for them.

And lastly here is a bench that is beside the track...that I thought i would get a fun sot of the soccer scoreboard from. It turned out very nice... At least I liked it.

------------------

Well, I took off the Frapper map thing on the right side of my blog. It was cool seeing where everyone is from, but it sure was taking a long time to load so it is gone now....

I added my wish list to the side though (just click the bottom that says: My wish list...it will send you to a del.icio.us set of book marks that includes my amazon wish list but also things that you can not get through Amazon...like the Salt Cellar from Alton Brown! woo hoo!)....now this wish list is not for you...unless you are family....I only put up a wish list because it saves my family and me the time it takes to ask what I would want and me getting caught up in the whole materialism thing. (i just do it once and it s done) and believe me I took the term WISH list literally! So don't (even family) get too crazy in there!!!)

<--side note-->

Materialism has always been one of my weaknesses. It is hard when your birthday is in the end of November, and then Christmas rolls around right after that. It is almost like I have been trained all my life to get stuff around the end of the year....and even though I am MUCH better about this it still creeps up and scares me a little bit.

<--/side note-->

So I am getting very excited about the conference



that I will be attending this Thursday thru Sunday in Seattle! I just bought some magazines for the flights and a book of poetry...yep that is right a book of poetry. Now I have never been a person of poetry, but seeing all the poetry over @ J.D.'s blog and hearing Fred Craddock speak made me want to try it out (for the first time since 8th grade)... So I bought a book on tape and a small book for the plane and I hope to go from there. For some reason my artistic side has been coming out lately through the camera and now I am wanting to play around a little bit with words. So if I ever get anything on paper I might try to put some of it here. Anyway yall take care God bless ya and have a wonderful evening...and week if I don't blog before I leave. I am sure I will try (if I am not too tired) to blog the conference so maybe yall can be looking for that, as well.

Oh and the last I heard (this afternoon) was that Nanaw was doing better, but it is still a up hill battle from here on...s as always....please KUTPs!!!! Thank yall!

No comments: