Monday, October 09, 2006

Running worship!!!!! or maybe Worship Running!!!!

I went to bed late last night (not planning on that one, because I really wanted to run this morning) because now that the blog has labels that I can use in my posts, I decided to go back and label all the ones that dealt with Jay. I know that I have a whole bunch more to go back and label...but I just wanted to have an easy place to click to see all of the posts about Jay...Well, I started last night...and could not finish...I need to start back and get Aug. '04 and earlier...and I have what something like 80 posts already...and more to go...dang that is a lot of talking about Jay, heh...anyway.....

I went to run this morning and I was in awe! It was not the fact that when I started running that there were stars and when I stopped there was a sun rise. It was not the fact that I love seeing my old lady walkers each morning that are so faithful in their morning exercise. It is not the fact that my hamstring and legs did not hurt at all this run. Why was I in awe?

Well, you see when I run....I worship. As I run I listen to worship songs, and that is normal, it seems to get me going and I usually have a little better run...and especially with the iPod nano it will allow you to have a "power song" that helps you get through the last push (even though I never remember to use it, heh)...but today I was listening to the new Bebo album!

There is something about worshiping God when you are at your weakest! By the time I am nearing the end of the workout I am breathing hard (hard enough to not be able to hold a conversation), my legs are weak, my arms are tired, and I am coated is sweat! (yeah, I am fat and hairy...so that is what happens, ha ha ha), but here is the thing... all my worries and inhibitions are gone. I don't care about the way I look or sound. I don't care who sees me, I am not sucking in my stomach, and I am not walking a little taller, I am weak, tired, and in a little pain (mostly just mental heh)....and then I worship!

I was running in the fog, in the cool morning/evening air. I was listening to Bebo sing from his soul to God...and I joined all of heaven in worship of God! I was walking around the track tears in my eyes, silent whispering words of worship flowing from my mouth, failing to the knees of my soul,, in worship! No words can describe the moment, it was like seeing a rainbow for the first time. It was like knowing that time was of no matter and you could be caught up in the presence of God, and allow his mercy to flow over you! It was one amazing workout! Thank you God, thank you!

==============================

My Eyes Have Seen Holy

Written by Bebo Norman and Jason Ingram

Am I unfit for You
Remember me, the one who turned from You
I come in rags tattered by the Fall
And all the earth, a witness to my crime

Mercy, weep over me
Let Your tears wash me clean
Majesty, be merciful with me
For my eyes have seen Holy

Hear my prayer at night
Let the morning find me alive
For I am tired and weakened by the Fall
Let all the earth bear witness to my cry

Let the Amen sound from Heaven as You lift my soul
Let the Amen sound from Heaven as You lift my soul
Let the Angels sound from Heaven, Holy is the Lord

© 2006 Appstreet Music (ASCAP) / New Spring (ASCAP). All rights for the world on behalf of Appstreet Music (ASCAP) administered by New Spring (ASCAP). / Peertunes, Ltd./GrangeHill Music/J Ingram (SESAC)

====================================

You want to experience worship in an amazing way....go do something really humbling, so you can be in the right posture...then enjoy the awe of God's presence! let your soul sing, and you might just be overcome with mercy, majesty, and grace!


(now I really wonder how this workout worship could occur in community? Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?)

3 comments:

Philip said...

Wow man, what a beautiful picture, even with all your sweaty hair. Thanks for sharing.

Markus Watson said...

(Re: that last question)

Three words bro: Worship Jumping Jacks.

DGH said...

I love you too Phill!

And yeah Markus...WJJs....hmmmm