Sunday, October 08, 2006

The best question I heard today....



???????????????????????????????????????????????????

So, I was asked to go and answer a few questions in the 4th and 5th grade class Sunday school this morning, because they were asking great questions that the SS teacher felt like she did not have a good enough answer for them (they were studying Genesis)...so I got the usual questions, "Who created God?", "How did he do it?", "where is the garden of Eden and if we find it can we go into it?", "Did God create sin?", "Did God create Satan?", "What about the dinosaurs?"....And I can answer most of those...and most of the time the answer is, "mystery"...and if anyone is telling you something different they are 1) acting on assumptions, 2) saying what they were taught, 3) selling you something, or 4) just don't know at all.... and what is so wrong with mystery? Is it really that hard to accept that God can not be defined, explained, or reasoned into existence? Maybe it is just me...but I don't mind the mystery...and I believe that it is intentional in the bible...just look at what God tells Moses is his name,

13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?" 14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:13-14)

See even God loves mystery. he is beyond names...and all you need to know is that he exists; He is who is!

Anyway getting back to the good part (not that that last part was not good, heh...anyway....

the best question of the day in that SS class?

"Is there chocolate in space?"

my answer:

I sure hope so!

Love yall, have a wonderful week, and God bless yall! KUTPs!!!


???????????????????????????????????????????????????

2 comments:

Markus Watson said...

I should probably know this, but what does KUTPs stand for??

DGH said...

KUTPs = Keep Up The Prayer s!

Thanks for asing...I coinedthe letters when I was tryig to remind everyone to be praying fr my brother Jay during the cancer and chemo stuff...and it was a fast short reminder to have everyone keeping up thier prayers for him...and now it just has brodened to inclue lots of other stuff, heh....thanks for asking!