Saturday, September 16, 2006

there is a hope for The Hobbit on the BIG screen!!!

quote from The Digital Bits:

" By the way, speaking of Lord of the Rings, the film industry trade Variety recently reported that MGM (which owns the theatrical release rights) and New Line (which owns the production rights) are tentatively planning to team up on a big-screen version of The Hobbit and they're hoping Peter Jackson will direct. VERY interesting and fantastic news if true. However, our sources tell us that the studios had better hurry up and ASK Jackson to do it, because the director's production schedule is getting pretty full. If they're going to do The Hobbit, it would also be great if they'd do it soon enough so that Ian Holm, Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee can participate somehow."

Oh man oh man....This would be a dream come true!!! Especially if they did a trilogy (at the very least 2 films) just to do The Hobbit right!

KUTPs!!!

6 comments:

Markus Watson said...

Hey, D.G.! Check out my brother's Lord of the Rings site. He keeps it pretty updated with that kind of info. Here's the link: http://www.theonering.com/

DGH said...

Thanks Markus I forgot about his site! I need to find his RSS feed. Thanks again!

Aaron said...

Hey dude, good news if true. I remember the cartoon. Man I am old.

DGH said...

Oh yeah I loved the cartoon! I remember the Goblin march song (my brother used to sing it all the time and then I took it from there and taught it to the Baptist Student Union to chant during football games in undergrad, ha ha ha....

"Death, destruction, mame, and mutilation!" (repeat)

Great for football games in Central Texas! ha ha.... Thanks man!

+ Alan said...

Course they should've done that first but O well. Next! The Silmarillian!!! That might be 2 trilogies worth.

DGH said...

Oh man I would just freak out!!!!