Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So I was reading Leo's blog and ran across the Stroop Effect...

Leo's blog

And I noticed his brain age was 26 (that made me think.."hmmm, I wonder what that is..so I wikied it and saw that it was based off of a book that is now a Nintendo DS game and then followed the wiki rabbit hole to the following website below that measures the Stroop Effect....

my results from the test:

"Cumulative time for words that were different from color: 15330
Cumulative time for words that matched the color: 16281
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Average time for different color/word: 1277.5
Average time for same color/word: 1356.75

If your average time for the different color/word combinations was longer, your results are consistent with the Stroop effect. If your results don't seem to match these predictions, try doing the experiment again: you might have phased out on one of the words."

(or I am just a freak of nature and my brain works differently than most, heh)

==================

And if you would like to take the test then you can go here (be sure to read the Instructions first...it will be confusing at first...but you should get it soon enough...very interesting if you ask me!

I really think that my reaction times would be much faster if I would have learned how to type without looking at the keyboard! oh well...yall have a wonderful night! KUTPs!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely showed the Stroop affect and I enjoyed the test. It was fun!! Thanks!! I was about 2,000 points higher on the 2nd number. Glad to know I am quite normal on something!!