Friday, April 14, 2006

The one about my favorite songs list is growing...

Well here is the excerpt from a previous post that I srated...posted...and have been adding to ever since, heh... and I have added a few more since then, heh.... OK here is art of the previous post with the added songs....

==============

Mea Culpa -- Enigma
Aria -- Yanni
Rods and Cones -- Blue Man Group
Thankful -- Caedmon's Call
Walk On The Ocean -- Toad The Wet Sproket
Don't Pay the Ferry Man -- Chris Burgh
Ice Cream -- Sarah Mclachlan (sp?)
Uninvited -- Alanis Morisette
Right Now -- Van Halen
One More Minute -- Weird Al
One Night In Bangkok -- Murray Head
In The Air Tonight -- Phil Collins
World's Apart -- Jars of Clay
Never Alone -- Barlow Girl
Christmas At Ground Zero -- Weird Al
Good old Days -- Weird Al
Deep Enough To Dream -- Chris Rice
The Great Adventure -- Steve Curtis Chapman (including intro)
God of Wrath -- Dave Crowder Band
Take a Chance on Me -- Erasure
We Didn't Start The Fire -- Billy Joel
Axel F -- Murphy Brown vs. Captain Hollywood
I'm Alright -- Kenny Loggins
White Christmas -- Bing Crosby (that one is for you Daddy!)
------
(where I left off last time)
------
If I Had a Million Dollars -- Bare Naked Ladies
Tribute - Tenacious D
You Can Call Me Al -- Paul Simon
Send Me On My Way -- Rusted Root
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World -- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Opening Suite -- Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori (Halo)
True Companion -- Marc Cohn
Come What May -- Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge)
Little Drummer Boy -- Jars Of Clay
Carol Of The Bells -- Steven Curtis Chapman
Watermark -- Enya
Celestial Soda Pop -- Ray Lynch
Birdhouse in Your Soul -- They Might Be Giants
Into the West -- Annie Lennox
Where the Streets Have No Name -- U2
The Lady of Shalott -- Loreena McKennitt
Personal Jesus -- Depeche Mode
Superman -- Five for Fighting
Yellow -- Coldplay
Gracie -- Ben Folds
Every Sperm Is Sacred -- Monty Python
Losing My Religion -- R.E.M.
Desert Rose -- Sting
Fields of Gold -- Sting
Set Adrift On Memory Bliss -- P.M. Dawn
Mr. Telephone Man -- New Edition
Justified and Ancient (alt. Version with Tammy Wynette) -- The KLF
Erik the Awful -- Ray Stevens
(Get Your Tongue Out of My Mouth Cause) I'm Kissing You Goodbye -- Ray Stevens
Manic Monday -- The Bangles
Yesterday -- Boyz II Men
Only Truth -- Acappella
I Love Beans -- Brak
Mr. Roboto -- Styx
Puttin' On the Ritz -- TACO
One of These Days -- Pink Floyd
Send It -- Electric Light Orchestra
The Luckiest -- Ben Folds


and several more to come...as I think of them....I am doing it again...I need to quit and stop...go to bed D.G. ....don't let it suck your night away!!!

Love yall take care and never forget please KUTPs!!!

===============

You know what is funny? I stayed up way too late the last time I did this and now I have done it again, heh...I am telling you this picking out your favorte songs ting is crazy additictive! OK I must go to sleep now...and I am sure I will add more later, heh...KUTPs!!!

BTW---Cory this is your fault...even since I went to your new blog I started thinking about this again, heh! (1:00 am)

Ok go to bed D.G. you need to sleep, heh...heh...Good night yall! (2:00 am)

Go to bed!!! (3:20 am)

Ok fine... KUTPs yall! (3:21 am)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list, Deeg! Even though there are a few songs on there I might have to mock you about (Mr. Telephone Man, really????)

This may make me have to put together my own list. It's a great way to learn more about people. Just think, as long as we've known each other, we never knew that we were both closet Toad the Wet Sprocket fans. Funny.
CB

Scott said...

Yanni?

DGH said...

Cody: If anyone can love The jackson 5 then I can love the band that eventually became Boys II Men! heh heh...Hey i was a kid give me a break, heh....

Scott: Well, have you ever been around Tiffany when her cell phone went off? If you have then you have heard me singing this song, heh.... I used to love yanni when I was a kid, because I could study to it and there were no words (that would get stuck in my head) and it still provided something for me to listen ot...that is why Yanni is in the list...besides the music really is cool sounding, heh... You don't know it...but Ray Lync and a few others are very similar to Yanni! But anyway back in College Tiffany's roommate Brandy heard me singing this Yanni song ad then she started singing it...and then we both started singing it...and Tiffany and everyone else started freaking out that we both were closet Yanni fans, heh... so there is the history of how it got to be in my list... you know I have a story like this with ever one of the songs, heh... Oh well, thanks for reading!

Scott said...

I didn't know that was a Yanni song on Tiffany's phone. I knew it was you singing but didn't know what.

Since I read your list. I've been thinking about my favorite songs too. It is addictive. I didn't realize I liked 80's punk/ alternative until I started thinking about it. Ok so here are a few groups I like: Dead Milkmen, Violent Femmes, The Cure, Live (ok their 90s). Once I get a list I'll post it on my blog.

DGH said...

Oh yeah it is addictive! welcome to the world of torture fun!!!! But you are doing it at a time sometime other than 3:00 am! heh... Thanks for reading the blog man! i really do need to put your blog on my tab list for Firefox!