Thursday, December 01, 2005

The one about the side trip to Cabela's Sporting Goods store in WV!


Well, thanksgiving came and went and it was a ton of fun! Tiffany and I went to go visit Sheila and Steve up in Greensburg, PA and got to see her whole family and meet Steve...but before I get to that I wanted to show yall the Cabela's Outdoor Sporting store! Now, I have been into several Bass Pro Shops...but I am sorry Bass Pro...this store kicks your $%^^! heh.... so here is the outside of the store...(it was snowing at the time so I am sure the picture is not as good...but there is a HUGE statue of some bears and eagles and fish in the front ...and you can see they put up two tents to show them off...and then there is the 4 car wide drop off/pick-up covered drive way! wow...this place is amazing on the out side and you have not even seen the inside yet!.....

OK this is what you see when you walk through the doors! IT IS CRAZY! yes in this picture it just looks like a really nice warehouse...but if you can make it out there is a full size airplane hanging above the mountain in the very back!!!!....

Here is just one of the 4-5 exhibits that show off the stuffed animals shot and caught from all over the world and given or bought to show them off....it is every museums dream...and these happen to be in a sporting goods store....look at that mural behind the elephant! it was amazing!!!!.....

You can see in this picture at the base of the mountain/waterfall!!!! They have all kinds of animals all over the place! I loved this guy....

And here is a fun one! And you can just barely make it out...but there at the top of the mountain/waterfall is a mountain goat....(can you see the waterfall beside the bear and beneath the goat?) if you walked up to the second story you could look into the goats eyes, heh.... I mean...this is the last of the pics I took...but man oh man....this is awesome! They had a huge aquarium, and a dear exhibit that I bet had at least 300 dear in there! It was amazing...and of course you can imagine all the sporting goods it had...but sadly the fly shop was tiny! Come on...I realize fly fishing is not king around here...but if your going to make a store that huge...give it a good fly shop! Oh well, lots of fun.......oh and I am trying to make my posts smaller so I will be putting al the pictures in the posts up in smaller posts...maybe some of you will feel better about reading them! heh heh.... KUTPs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked your pictures and window lights and most of all your sweet wife and all her gifts. Thanks for giving them to us. I like the shorter blogs, more often--if that is possible. I love hearing from you. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Daddy was glad you went to Cabellas Love you I liked the pictures a lot and I like smaller more often blogs