Thursday, December 15, 2005

The one about my random tag from Cory.....



Well, I was reading my friend Cory's blog and what did I find...Something that told me I was to follow a SPAM like "tag" telling me I had to do what he said or a thousand million camel flees may reside in my arm pits for one million years....Ok, so he just wanted me to play along..and I decided that even though I really can not EVER stand the cheesy emails telling me that I have to send this email to 10 friends or I will have bad luck, loose all my friends, or my skin with turn to liquid, etc... I guess I will play along..and the only reason is that this tag of randomness will tell you all something more about me.....yeah yeah I know the last thing yall want is to know something more about me...I understand...Besides I am not the type of person who holds a lot in and never shares with any of you anything, ha ha ha...so...........here I go.......

5 Things that very few people know about me:

1. I played Dungeons and Dragons for the majority of my young life growing up in my house until my brother went off to college...and then every now and then whenever I saw him again..... Now I know that I have posted us playing D&D @ the house after Jay's funeral...so this might not be too new for some of you...but man I love telling people that yes, I am a pastor and I love playing D&D! Now, some of you would argue that it has messed me up..but I think I turned out not too bad..and besides I have a great appreciation for games that force the player to think!

2. In High School, I beat 2 of my coaches out of $50 playing cards (the game "in-between" to be exact!). When I played with my friends I would just give the money back....but with my coaches I kept it, heh.... they will not be named...and I promise I do not endorse gambling of any kind...now....unless it is with Tiffany and we only play with chips and no money, heh.... Thanks!

3. In Undergrad I threw the Hammer for the track team and during the time I was training and throwing I squatted a max of 815 lbs. The metal bar was bending and everything..I loved it!(and I had already had one knee surgery by that time...but it took youth ministry in KY to tear my other knee, ha ha....) and I also got 5th @ the conference track meet! Needless to say, I am no where near what I used to be able to do...and starting in Jan. I will be hiring a personal trainer (don't get to excited he is a friend of mine and it is a very low amount of money just to make sure we both are held accountable to the weight loss and exercise!) Ok, next.....

4. One time in Spirit Wind (Northwest Texas Conference youth choir) while I was in High School, the guys I was staying with in one of the host houses decided that he was going to bring out his hair clippers and trim his neck hair...Well, it was close to the end of the 2 week tour...and my hair grows VERY fast! So, I asked him to trim my neck hair too.....well, my shirt was off..and if no one knows this yet...I am FREAKING hairy! So right in the middle of the trim...he decides to run the trimmed right down the middle of my back!!!!! Well, I had two choices now...one....kill him and defend myself with the trimmer from all of our friends, or just laugh it off, and hide my upset anger from them...well, I decided that my hair would grow back (sadly) and I allowed him to shave a cross in my back with sun rays coming from the center of the cross. (yes I am that hairy)...He then wanted to put his initials in the bottom right corner of my back...but I called it quits right then...and needless to say....Alcohol nor drugs of any kind were involved...this was pure High School guy thing! (Funny thing is afterwards the next day I was sitting in a church pew and I kept feeling a bug on my back or some kind of insect...and I finally realized that it was no bug....it was me feeling my shirt for the first time...most of the time my hair would keep my shirt off my back, heh)

5. Lastly...and I think this one I really have not put on the blog yet. I HATED MY FIRST FRENCH KISS! I do not even remember her name now...I don't even remember how old I was (probably 5th-6th grade) and I met her in the mountains one summer when we were camping in tents between motorhomes and this girl told me I looked like one of the guys off of 90210 the TV show...and sure why not? Good enough for me! heh....then I told her about some star constellation that would be "ours" forever, heh..heh...(I think she lived in Amarillo at the time)....and.....

She kissed me....now, it just did not go the way I thought it was supposed to go. I kissed her and then she pried open my lips and teeth and shoved her tongue in my mouth. now that was not the bad part...I kind of liked it a little..but then her tongue had an epileptic seizure in my mouth! Man, it was like a wild lizard got loose and it was trying to kill my tongue! And man, I actually took a step back hoping to unleash the Hoover vac power of suction off my mouth....all I could think of was the famous quote from Garth in Waynes World, "Garth Algar: [getting a suck-cut] Aaaahh! Turn it off man, turn it off! It's sucking my will to live! Oh, the humanity"! and the step back did no good...the suction was too powerful and the alien tongue hung on! So, I had no choice but to place my hands on her shoulders and with all of my 6 grade power lifting might pull her off! We walked back to my tent and her to her motorhome holding hands....her with shear happiness written on her face and sheer horror on mine! Later on in life I can honestly say that she made me a better trumpet player and maybe even a better public speaker with the single workout my mouth got that night..but in the end I now don't mind that type of kiss, but only if it is long and slow with VERY little suction!....the kind I think the French had in mind when they introduced it to the world! And that constellation brings me great fear to this day. p.s. (There was no real constellation, I just pointed at three stars that were kind of bright and told her some fake name for them) (funny though...Tiffany did not fall for that one, heh heh... just kidding)

Ok, there is my tag of randomness and always I wrote too long of a blog post..but I guess it is my turn to tag someone else....hmmm.....lets...see......who do I want to know more about?......

Ok, well, I guess since I can only choose one person it would have to be Greg Anderson...my college roommate! So Greg what are 5 things that no one knows about you.....Tag your it!



God bless yall and please take care... oh and as always... KUTPs!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice DG! You are a unique person ya know :-D We love ya

Cory said...

you can tag more than one person, but most of the people I know that have blogs had been tagged.
I love the back hair story.
the last one, however, is disturbing.

DGH said...

Oh really Cory...weel in that case I might just have to tag a few other people, heh....

and comon the last one was not good? I worked hard on that one..:(

Thanks Mark you are too! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to him, Deeg. The last one was awesome! I actually had the same type of experience at ASU, with this girl Tiffo hooked me up with!
PS...I can never get enough Deeg back hair stories.
CB

DGH said...

Thanks Cody! the few and proud do understand, heh!

i wonder if the first Frech Kiss thing is a common occurance? worth polling people some day, heh!

Anonymous said...

::sigh::
D&D, good times.
I tried to run a campaign once, but I suxx0r3d, so I stopped.

Anonymous said...

I think all those fit the bill--things no one knows about me or things most people don't care to know--. Oh, well, cute anyway.

DGH said...

Oh man thor is I only knew when I was around you we could have got a session ging...oh well....

Anon: If you don't care to know anything about me why did you read it? ha ha ha....I am famous for having TMI as my middle name, heh. Thanks for reading!

Cory said...

I never said your french tales were not good...only disturbing. I'm a visual person DG, you painted quite an image. I remember one time this girl went to kiss me and I was so surprised (pleasently) that I laughed and our teeth knocked. I think she was going for the dramatic "fling myself at your face" kiss which in turn knocked me over a foot stool that was resting behind my legs.

oh, CB, if you have ever had to help them move and vaccuum up a pile of DG back hair, the stories take on a different form. I'm not sure which was worse the back hair or the obscene amount of precious moments;)

DGH said...

I know you were not being mean Cory...I was just giving you a hard time! and wow...I love yo kiss story...you shoul dmake it a og post, heh....shoot I shoul dmake tiffany and i's first kiss a blog post1 thanks man love ya1

tiffinita said...

Cody only wishes that he got a french kiss.. ha ha