Saturday, August 13, 2005

The one about Tiffany's $80 for 8 gallons of gas bill.....

Ok here is a picture of a bill that we paid just two days ago for Tiffany's car....the day before Tiffany said that she was pulling out of the garage and as soon as it got out of the garage the car died on her. @ First she thought it was the battery...but the radio was still on, and a few other things suggested that it was not the battery...and I mean as soon as you turned the key it would die...so you could not even see any warning lights that would come on...so we called USAA one of the greatest companies on this planet...and asked them to tow it to a garage (totally free mind you) that Tiffany's church members said was the best and most reasonable in town.....we followed the tow truck to the garage and dropped off the car only to wait for a phone call to find out what was wrong.....(mind you we had just spent $400 on a few other fixes just 3 weeks before)....so I get a phone call from the garage...and here is the conversation:

Garage Owner: Mr. Hollums?

Me:
Yes, this is D.G.

Garage Owner:
Well, I have run all the test I can on your car. I mean I really had a hard time finding out what could be the problem...and finally I found out the root of the problem...pause...

Me:
Yeah, so what was wrong with it?

Garage Owner:
Well, after al the detective work...the only thing we found that was missing in the car was....(long pause).... gas.

Me:
(Dumbfounded silence).......(a little more of the same)...Your @#$%*!% me!?

Garage Owner:
Nope that is what is wrong with the car...it was out of gas (laughter filling the phone in the background of the garage)(I think they were all standing around listening to the call...I might have even been on speaker phone, heh heh) (please understand this garage is one of the best places on the earth, I would have put me on the speaker phone too, hew)

Me:
Sorry, I normally don't cuss I am a pastor..But man...I can't believe that...you mean that my wife's car wouldn't start because she did not fill it up with gas?

Garage Owner:
Yep, that is the case...so I tell you what...I will put $8 of gas in there for you and with the $68 inspection fee your total comes to $76 and your car is ready for you to pick it up.

Me:
Ok, thank you!

So, I proceeded to call my wonderful, beautiful, lovely, genius wife to tell her that she needs to be careful about where she gets her gas from because the last place she went cost her $76 for 8 gallons...and I knew the gas prices were bad...but it took real talent to find it that high of a price, heh..... I never gave her too hard of a time...and when I told her she thought in all seriousness real hard assuming that she did fill up with gas..."That couldn't right!!!"...and then she remembered..... that one fateful night (exactly two nights ago) that she told me she was going to go get gas..and never did....heh heh...

So, we laughed it off and got the car...and all is well, but I just had to share with you the fun story of the Hollums House....and to let you all know that one of the best garages in Cold Spring is Moore's Garage for your "Complete Auto and Truck Repair" 781-6060 State Rt. 546 in Cold Spring, KY!

Yall have a great weekend..and I circled the bill for you to see the actual costs.... And she even gave her Sr. Pastor the right to use the story in a sermon..so I am assuming the same is true for any and ALL of you too...let us always not only KUTPs....but lets keep our eyes on the gas tank level too. Love yall and God bless yall!


11 comments:

John and Leigh Ann said...

DG, this is hysterical (unfortunately at your expense)! I guess you guys realize that Rob, who owns the garage, lives right across from us...it may take a while to live this one down!

Anonymous said...

wow!! Loved story, but love my daughter-in-law more!!. Randy says we are at $2.55 at the Alsups in Floydada right now--getting closer to Tiffany's price range!! Just, Mom

DGH said...

J & LA:

Wow di dnot know that, heh that is funny! be sure to point it out to him...I am not sure if we were talking to the ower or not...but they all were VERY sweet!

Mom:

Yeah it is crazy prices around here toobut after the incident we ran into some gas that was $2.43!!! So that was good news...but I still wonder if I use my Kroger Card if it takes a few cents off...or if i have to still buy the $100 in food first...I still wish we had a SAMs around here that had gas too! Man, I love that!

Anonymous said...

It would seem smart to cut Tiffany some slack. You are both stressed with the new jobs and the move, and
other pressures.

My daughter did the same thing in front of the old Florence parsonage. She said I should maintain the car better.

At the time it was funny to me. Now, 20 years later it is funny to both of us.

DGH said...

Please don't misunderstand...I had Tiffany's permission to post this on the blog..and she actually encouracged me to do so...

so please do understand Tiffany and I both are laughing about it now...and I am sure we will do it 20 years from now as well...

And here is Tiffany to tell you her self why she wanted me to put it up....

tiffinita said...

I asked DG to post this hilarious, most recent episode of a 'day in the eventful and never boring life of Tiffany'..

Hey, if I can't laugh at myself, than I am missing alot of awesome laughter!!! That was the best $80 I ever spent. I know that God and DG get a kick out of me and my crazy antics..why keep it to myself? ha ha

(PS....send all requests for the movie rights to me!!!)

Anonymous said...

Man,
I leave town for a week and this is what happens! I will laugh all day now. Thanks for the story!
CB
PS - Tiff, the World Famous Lea County Fair & Rodeo is even more fun with a toddler!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Even out here in the Puget Sound gas never reaches $76/gallon!

DGH said...

Danf Thor is that where you are at right now? Man, I thought you were in Texas! Dang...can I come visit?! heh...take care man thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

DG,

Next time your wife needs gas in the car, I'll do it for an even $50.

DGH said...

Thanks who ever you are! You are greatly apprecited!