Tuesday, March 29, 2005

the one about nothing to talk about....

Isn't it funny how you really don't feel like you have anything worth saying on a blog and then you don't post a post for everyone and their dog to read (see yesterday), but you don't want anyone to think that you have not thought about the blog (or them) so you post a post all about not posting a blog post...when you end up posting a post about not posting a post when in the end you will have posted a post.


(Yeah...ok now you all can join me in the insanity that runs through my head all the time, heh.)


Well, I have been looking for any reason to use the camera that Jay through Sheila gave me and nothing has really popped up yet...and for those things that have popped up I tell myself at that moment that it really is not important enough to take the picture...when what I should do is take pictures of everything/everyone all over the place and then think about it later if I should post them or not, heh.
-----------------------------
Well, I walked into my office on Monday to find it in shambles....they decided a long time ago...(but decided to act upon the decision while I was gone) to shorten the back wall of my office (making my office smaller (which I am OK with it was way too big!) so they could increase the "closet" on the other side into a "room". Well, I walked into my office and everything that was on my desks and in my office was piled up on my two desks and on/in the cabinets around the front of my office....(Now I am wishing I took a picture of it instead of trying to explain it ha ha) and it was all covered in clear plastic drop clothes and there was a new wall (not yet finished) in there.

Granted I have been gone for 3 weeks and I knew I was going to be very behind concerning work...but add to that the fact that I had no idea where anything was of my stuff,and it was all covered in plastic drop clothes.

Then, before I left we talked about me moving into another office (which I was fine with) and so I went to see if that office was ready for me to move my office into it...........nope! They have used my new office as a storage place for all the furniture that everyone else was not using...so my office was a mess...the office I was to move into was a mess....and I could not even get to my computer to even check the 230 emails that had piled up in my old/current office. (yeah....but that is nothing of the amount of emails that Sheila will deal with...but her Blackberry is nice to handle them all) heh heh.....

So, I spent the last two days moving my library over to the new office and packing up my stuff. I got all the books organized and moved over, but I cannot move anything else because if I set my stuff on the furniture it would have to be moved again anyway...so now it will sit there until I and someone else move the old furniture out of my new office, heh......

So, work has been "different" to say the least. But, all in all, it is good to be at this home I guess.
-----------------------
I am sure on Sunday I will receive lots of hugs and it will probably be just like the viewings that I will do more consoling than being consoled...but heave that is what I do for my existence and I am just fine with it, heh.

I bet I have read at least 70 cards from loved ones and friends extending their love, thoughts,and prayers...and that is great! I am even astonished at the outpouring of love and care by our churches who gave us lots of money...and I mean lots...for all our problems and it turns out that Tiffany and I are trying to find or might even create some kind of ministry to make the money go towards so that his love for Christ will continue to be shared with others. If you have any ideas we would love to hear them.
---------------------
I also would like to talk a little (as if I don't do enough of that already)............... so someone turn up the mic and scoot over the soap box..... "Now hear this!".... heh heh

I shared this with Tiffany yesterday and I have been thinking about it as of late...Throughout this entire process of Jay's travel departure of a non-stop flight to be with God.....it is interesting how people deal with death. (Me included) Through out this entire thing I have been very intentional on my focus being on God and asking for his eyes to see how we all deal with death and how He can (through me hopefully) be a better minister of the Good News of Christ in these times....I noticed that in a lot of the things (that we normally would give credit to God or request of by God) a lot of us would replace God with Jay. (i.e. Jay really helped me with that Uno hand....instead of in normal everyday circumstances we would say oh man...God really helped me out on that Uno hand) I don't think we were being bad by doing this...but I think it was a way that we reminded ourselves that Jay is with God and it helped with the process of dealing with death.

Another thing (and this is really what I talked to with Tiffany about) is how I try to the best of my ability to live the Gospel that I preach and speak of. When the rubber meets the road I desire to life a life that is more than just lip service, but living my existence in what I believe and know is truth found in the God inspired words of God called the Bible..... Now, I have never through this entire time NOT accepted that Jay has passed away/died (I can't stand the term died..but some people don't understand "passed away")I know that jay is no longer physically with us anymore in this life...and I don't downplay that sadness or loss that I feel in my life and heart...but I believe because I am Christian that there is more to this life than living and dyeing. And there is more to come even after death for everyone! So, I brought up to Tiffany that I purposefully have tried to speak of Jay in the present tense. Jay is not in the past tense...now the memories are in the past and I speak about those in the past...but not Jay in the now...because Jay is alive right now....similar to how Jesus is alive. Now, I won't go into the theology of if Jay is awake or sleeping, but one thing is sure in my faith and belief is that Jay is alive and he is in the presence of Jesus. And, so I can speak of Jay in the present and mean every word of it, because I believe it is truth and my life is continued to be lived in the existence of my faith. No intentional separation on my part is expressed between my faith and my living...so I can say that Jay loves his TV, and Sheila, and my parents,Sheila's parents and brother, me, D&D, Cherry Vanilla Cream Blue Sky Drinks, etc....

I had a pastor on our way back home tell us that we should not deny the death...and skip to the life after death and/or resurrection...(and this was on Easter Sunday he was telling me this, heh)....but he is partly right...I believe God never intended for death to occur...it is the choice of humanity to eat of that tree and that death is a consequence (sp?) of that choice...but it is life that God focuses on...it is resurrection that he offers to all people and most importantly it is relationship that he offers not only in the life to come but the life that you and I live right now! In this current time and space! I do not deny death at all, but I am part of the resurrection people and it is life that Christ has come to offer all those who desire to be in relationship with him...and that is what he has charged all Christians to offer not only in their speech but especially in their living.

---------------

Ok so much for not having anything to write about, heh...well......I guess I better go to bed...but let me find a good captions picture for us to comment on.....


"Hey Baby...What do you say we get off this ice and find some chocolate?"


(yes, I know I stole this idea off of the Food Network ads, but it is still funny if you ask me)

Remember you can leave any funny comments to this photo on the comments for all to enjoy....

(some of you have been having trouble in posting a comment and I am workin on that...you might need to clear out your cookies/cache and make sure you allow cookies form www.blogger.com, but I will see what I can do about that problem...if you can not post a comment please email me and tell me what is going on and I will try to help out. Thanks!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw the strawberries, but had not yet seen the caption, I thought, "yeah but where's the chocolate?" Great minds..
I was glad to see a photo of you and Tiffany smiling at the Cowgirl cafe. I have missed her even more that I thought I did.
Sounds like the office mess is just another form of insanity-yowza.
Glad you're both home.
Evonne

DGH said...

Glad to be home! Thanks!