Saturday, February 05, 2005

The one about Tiffany's (and my) nephew...........

Tiffany's sister's( Noelle Roberts) baby (Caleb):

Was taken to a hospital last night because of very high temperature 104 degrees. Then (after staying in the hospital all last night and getting his temperature down to normal) Noelle's husband (Craig) went straight to work, and Noelle and the baby went home, and as Noelle was taking a nap with Caleb little Caleb went into a seizure, and they rushed him to the Children's Hospital of Austin there in Austin, TX. We would appreciate any prayer for little Caleb (1 1/2 yrs old).

===========================================

Jay is doing OK I guess. They have finally stabilized his temperature and platelet counts to they are starting his experimental chemo on Monday.

Here is Sheila's latest email:

Feb. 4th afternoon:

Good news and bad news.

The lumbar puncture from yesterday showed cancer cells in the spinal fluid. He is now on his way back down to radiology to have another LP this time they are injecting Methotrexate.
They are going to let him go home but they told me if ANYTHING changes I have to bring him back even if I don't think it's related to the cancer. They are afraid that it will grow to fast. He will be re-admitted on Monday for his full chemo treatment. So, he'll probably be here all of next week.


Good news - hopefully he'll be home for the super bowel.

We'll be home tonight hopefully. (they are home because they called me from the car on their way to their house, because get this.............Jay wanted to hear my voice......yeah that is right....it sent me crying in the Starbuck's bathroom for about 10 mins. heh love you too Jay...

Oh and Sheila sent this email to tell everyone:

I'm trying to do a lot of communicating through MSN messenger if you use it and have a logon or address send it to me and I will add you to my list so if I log on you can contact me. Just another way to help communication

(If you want her email, just email me and I will sent it to you.)

=================================

There are some other family issues going on in Tiffany's family too (her father loosing his job)...And of course please KUTPs for Tiffany and I trying to have a baby..this round was not a success...so we have one more to go before Tiffany and I consider the orthoscopic (sp?) surgery to go in her and see what might be the matter.

========================================

Thank yall for all your prayers! Please feel free to read my blog for updates or call me with any questions.

Please tell me what yall think of the voice blog too. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear D.G., Thanks for blog about Caleb and Jay calling you, too. He called us, too, and Daddy and I both shed a few tears, too. We hadn't heard him talk in about 3 days--just Sheila's e-mails. We are praying for Caleb, Tiffanys Dad, and you and Tiffany and baby to be. Love, Mom May God really speak through you tommorrow. Wish I could be there to hear it. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

DG,
This may be a little too serious coming from me, but please know that little Caleb is in our prayers, and keep us updated on his progress.

Also, I can normally pass over all of your typos, but the ones on the voice blog were just too numerous to overlook!
CB

DGH said...

Thank yall!