Friday, January 07, 2005

The one where I tell you to RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heh

Yes, the real Jay is back!!! Jay is talking to us all the time..unless he is sleeping, Jay walked around the cancer ward twice with the PT guy and a walker and only got a little off balance when he took a corner, heh. He has walked to the bath room by himself and only gets off balance when he turns around. I have seen Jay open all of his Christmas presents in his room tonight, and he even sent his wife and me to go get chicken Tikka Masala for him to eat. Jay has been Jay today....not a drugged out weird manipulative little boy who goes in and out of sanity, heh. Jay is back and man, I love seeing him with a right mind and a little control over his movements, heh.

It is amazing literally watching someone heal right before your eyes. I am sure that being in the medical profession is similar to being in the ministry...you deal with death and life each day. They happen to deal with this life and most of the time I deal with this and the eternal kind of life, but in the end, they just like I have experienced the last few days get to watch how amazing God's creation of the human body is @ healing. Now, I will not get into all the ways that God heals (mental, physical, emotional, and the ultimate healing of death....to enter into REAL life) but I am so amazed at how well medical and Spiritual healing go together.

Today was the first time I did not feel bad with leaving to go to bed in the hotel room, or leave to go get Jay food, because I knew he was well on his way to get back to normal so we can focus of the cancer again.

They did determine that the reason his fever was so bad was because a blood clot was causing infection. The blood clot was caused by a PIC (a big IV in his groin), this sometimes happens due to scaring or something else, but they are pumping him full of platelets and then will give him blood thinner and hope that it does away with the clot. All the Dr.s seem hopeful and needless to say that makes us all hopeful for Jay's immediate healing so they can start the next chemo round.

Jay was very happy about his Christmas gifts, and love al that he got. Sheila loved all of hers too, and they can't wait to use their gift cards one to Best Buy, and the other to Sears (I will let you guess which one got which card, heh) Although I am sure Jay could use Sheila's Sears card too...but that will never happen, ha ha ha.

Jay was joking with all of us, rolling his eyes to my bad jokes, and hugging and kissing Sheila every chance he could. I even made him choke on his fruit smoothie with a joke of mine, and I felt bad, but was even glad to see him smile as his choked, heh heh....that is weird, but it is so true, I am so glad to have my brother back...and I can not imagine what it is like for Sheila to have her husband back too, heh....And a son (even if his is one of two) to my parents!

It was so funny because two nights ago Jay fell asleep with X-Files going on and with the sleeping pill he took he woke up telling Sheila about the X-Files episode and explaining that he was in one, heh. So last night Jay went to sleep watching Food Network, ha ha ha. We were hoping that it would make him hungry when he woke up and if he felt like he was will Emeril, it probably would not be a bad thing...and who knows....maybe Jay could cook some good food for everyone when they come to visit him, heh.

Jay is doing sooooo much better....can you tell that I think that? heh. Well, this is going to be a night that I actually get some sleep I have a feeling....so......Good night.......

and remember never stop K(ing)UTPs!!!!!!!!!!!!

============================

Oh Man the Easter Eggs are fun in this one, heh. Have fun!

No comments: