Friday, January 07, 2005

The one that I talk about temperature....

Well, Jay is wonderful and slowly getting better each day.... Today Jay started out with a fever (normal with his kind of Chemo) and it kept going up to each a high of around 104.5 Now that is a temp and we could not have that...so we packed ice around his body (something he just loved...let me tell you, heh heh sarcasism is fun to play with, heh) We got it down to around 102.5 and we are celebrated with allowing Jay to take a shower...which raised it again, but I think he was doing much better when I left tonight.

He got his Lumbar puncture today and got a new kind of Chemo that Jay had never had before so we are wondering how his body will respond to it. And only time will tell....

The best thing that happened today for me was He looked at me and said, "give me that" pointing at a table beside his bed. I got up and proceeded to ask him what he wanted, "the Cloroceptic (sp?) strips?", "No"
(well actually more of a head shaking "no", then I proceeded to ask him if he wanted a drink, wet rag for his forehead, Kleenex, etc (all the same answer from him).... then finally after I asked him for every soothing think on the table I finally asked if he wanted his breathing exercise device, and thatt was what he wanted.....that right then told me that the fighting Jay was slowly coming back. He did not want the things that brought him comfort, but wanted the one thing on the table that would hurt him the most but probably help him in the long run....it was very good for me to see that......

Then when we all knew he was feeling better is when he asked for his new Dell X50V Pocket PC that he got for Christmas and actually watched a Star Trek episode and another movie he had on there too. You know that Jay is doing better when he plays with this tech, heh.......

Also, Sheila and I made a Bed Bath and Beyond run to see if we could get him a memory foam bed topper to make him more comfortable and Sheila then spoiled him with getting a pillow to match (I don't think he minded too much!).....It was amazing how much better his was with that NASA designed memory foam under him!!! He did not squirm once and stayed in one place and told us his back did not hurt at all.....so that is wonderful news, but we will see how he is doing after a few more days on the tech foam. heh

Well, Sheila has not sent her evening email yet, so mine will have to do for now.

Just in case any of you would care..... the CES (Consumer Electronic Show) started today...(maybe even yesterday) and you can read about some cool tech coming down the road on one of my fav places on the net for gadget news (it is actually a blog too).....Gizmodo.com

Well, yall take care and God bless you all!!!!! Please KUTPs!!!! and know I am praying for all you too...so take that! And that! and a little bit of that! Can you deal with that?! heh....good day!

========================

Oh and I put a lot of Easter eggs in there so have fun with them...and I wonder if there is a ending for Fly Guy? it is kind of relaxing and entertaining too.... I hope yall can enjoy the fun! Take care and God bless ya!

No comments: