Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The one about Sheila's funny email.....

Well, the last two nights I was there in Pittsburg Jay kept his laptop for movies and other stuff, so I did not get to blog...but today I am here waiting for my wife to pick me up here in Albquerque, and I am staying @ a Pastor friend's house (Thank you sooo mcuh Rick!)

And I decided to let yall know that I made it back to NM just fine and it looks like Tiffany and I will be back in Santa Fe this afternoon maybe in time to allow me to go straight to the church's Wed Community Night dinner. I was very sad to leave and I know that Jay was too, but tomorrow I have some marriage conseiling to do, then Friday a rehearsal, Sat the wedding, and then Sunday I preach...so needless to say I am going to be very busy over the next few days. (and I have not gotten to even play with my Christmas gifts yet, heh j/k)

Well, I will make this one short, but you have got to read the email that Sheila posted from yesterday, it is so funny....and with no fruther adeu (sp?):

===========================

Jan 11th evening:

Things are getting better slowly. His temperature is 100.6 today which is up from yesterday but much better thanthe 104 temp he has been running. We found out the hard way that he should not take Ambian (sleeping pill)anymore. Last night he woke up and was trying to set up his computer. Normallythis would be a good thing but at 3:00 AM it's more of a problem. I began toquestion him as to why he was putting his computer together and he said that hehad to take care of the bugs and that he had to kill them. After somequestioning I found out that he was actually dreaming but seemed fullyconscious. He thought we were being invaded by aliens and he was hospitalizedwith a gun shot wound after being shot by an alien. He told me not to worry hisfriends were bringing his guns and he would take care of the aliens. He alsotold me that the aliens come in 2 sizes and one is small and enters though thetoilet. The nurse was in the room to hear of this and I most admit it wasrather funny but he doesn't remember talking to me at all last night. He saidhe remembers dreaming of aliens but didn't realize he was talking and setting uphis computer in his sleep. The fun didn't end there...THE GREAT FLOOD OF 2005At 7:00 am he wanted to take a shower. They unhooked him from his IV's so thathe could take a shower and I laid back down on my air mattress to get some moresleep since the alien invasion cut significantly into my sleep. Obviously, itcut into Jay's sleep too because he fell asleep in the shower. The next thing Iknow 5 nurse bust through the door and start talking about how water is runningthrough the ceiling on the 6th floor and I turn over and my hand splashes in apuddle of water. THE ENTIRE ROOM WAS FLOODED. He covered the drain when hefell asleep. Lucky for me my air bed doubles as a floatation device. Heflooded the room once before but it very minor compared to this.The conclusion is NO MORE Ambian. He is still having some intermittentpersonality changes because of the steroids and intrathecal chemos. He changesbetween Jay and Mr. Hyde every so often but I told him today I can handle him.:-)The bad news is that they did find cancer cells in his spinal fluid this time sothe cancer was actually in his brain too. This could explain the personalitychanges too. He had it in his brain before but they never had a test showpositive. His dad got him a vaporizer that seems to be helping supply some moisture whilethe mucoitis is bad. His brother left today and Jay was very sad to see himleave. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Sheila

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey DG! I know your glad to be back home and I know at the same time you wish you were still in Pitt. with Jay. Just wanted to let ya know we've all been thinking about and praying for you and jay and your whole family. I'm glad to hear things are getting better, and I'm glad to see that things may be getting back to normal! Love ya'll!

DGH said...

Thanks man! Take care!