Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The one about making my last blog clearer....

Here is Sheila's last email:

Jay was still in the ICU today and I could only see him from 1:30 to 2:30 and
then from 5:00 - 6:00 and then from 9:00 - 10:00. In between times I tried to
track down Doctors to find out what is happening.
Jay will be in the ICU until tomorrow because his breathing has not stabilized.
They will try move him back to the cancer ward tomorrow but no promises. They
told me that he removed the breathing tube on his own this morning quite
unexpectedly when the sedation started to wear off. He doesn't remember doing
it. He had another dialysis treatment today and they got his white cell count
down enough (31,000) to do a chemo treatment this evening. He is really
frustrated being in ICU and can't wait to get back to his normal room. Jay's
parents and brother will here tomorrow so that should make him feel even better.

I'm off to get some sleep.

Sheila

No comments: