Friday, July 16, 2004

India was not as good as Japan...in my house.

Well, I cooked Indian food tonight Lamb Tikka Masala (not sure about the spelling), and lets just say that the Sushi was better in my book. heh. I got the recipe from Foodtv.com and I loved the Saffron Rice (I added green peas to it), but the recipe from the Chicken Tikka Masala was just not what I have had in the restaurant. So, I will try that one again some other time.

The lamb was great! and the rice was good, but the sauce for the tikka masala was just not what I would call wonderful. So I will save that one for another day! The lamb though, was very good. I grilled in and it was marinated in rosemary and mint. Oh yeah really good stuff!

Well, not much happened today. I was planning on working on my sermons all day today, but I had an interruption, but just as Dr. Kalas

(one of my fav professor's in Seminary) used to say, "Some of my best moments of ministry were in the interruptions." Amen Dr. Kalas!

Well, I got some GREAT news today! Al Gwinn (Tiffany and I's Sr. Pastor in Lexington, KY @ 1st Church Lexington) was elected Bishop today, so that is great news. I will spare you all on what that means in the Methodist church, but it is a huge honor and you don't go up the ladder as a pastor any higher than Bishop. For example, there is one Bishop over the entire panhandle of Texas and the State of New Mexico. Our conferences are a little different, but still they are the big wigs, and I can not think of a better man to receive this honor and responsibility. May God bless the conferences he serves!

Oh, yeah I almost forgot our cat Sushi (yes yes, my dog loves to eat Sushi...not the food, but our cat, ha ha ha) can not eat anything after 9:00 pm tonight. You know why?......... Well, lets just say there are two parts of his anatomy that he will be missing after tomorrow...OUCH!

You know when we took our dog Halo in the Vet for that procedure I thought they would tie them up just like they do to us humans, but no no no, they take them right out...no mistakes are going to happen here, heh. Well, I just stayed home with him and loved on him the entire day that day, I felt so bad. Well, Tiffany is not going to be back until around 7:00 pm tomorrow so it looks like it is going to just be us boys again and this time Halo and Sushi will be with me. I wonderful Halo will be nice to Sushi after the surgery? Lord please be with them both.

Jay Update:

I talked to Jay today and he was feeling very good and talking lots, just still hurting from the mouth sores all in his mouth, tongue, and throat. So....please KUTP! He had a Dr.'s visit today and nothing new, except this time he had to wait 7 HOURS to get in to see the Dr.....7 HOURS! And this is a Dr.'s visit in a Dr.'s office, not the hospital, but the office. Man that is a long wait time. But he was home and watching Deep Space 9 with Sheila and doing good. Thank you for your love and prayers!

Tiffany will be home tomorrow!!!!!!!! Woo hoo I can not wait!!!!!!! Man, I miss her!!! It seems like the more we are apart the harder it is to have her leave...shouldn't be the other way, where you get used to it? Oh well, we are not the typical couple, heh. I love her soo much...more than I could ever express in words, so that leaves me actions and I do the best I can there too....even though it can never be enough. SHMILY!!!!!!!!

I also talked to Tyson Edwards...best friend of High School and college, and He and his wife live in Las Vegas, and are doing well. It was great talking to you both! Love yall!

Please continue to be in prayer for Jay and Sheila, of course, but for someone in KY also who is really in need of your prayers! Please lift this person up to God and allow this person to really get back on track with God during this time of trial in their life. Thanks!

Hey the blog now has cool format options, so be looking for those in the
future
.

Love you all take care and God bless!!! (P.S. did you spend time in your hiding place yet?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deeg,
The cat will handle it very differently than your dog. The dog wanted you to love on him afterward, the cat (of course all of this varies on personality) won't want anything to do with you for a day or so.

Glad to hear T is doing well. Homecoming - October 24. Be there or I'll sic Sandy on you!
CB

Anonymous said...

Sushi sucks.

- THOR

DGH said...

Thor!!!! You stop that!

Sushi is dead fish...it can not suck...it does not even have a mouth to suck with. Silly Boy! :)