Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I actually did it!!!

Well, tonight I made my own sushi!!! And guess what........It was darn good! heh. Let me show you what I ate:



This one was the first one I made...well actually the first California roll I made was WAY over stuffed, and I just had to eat that one in one big roll while I was making it. (oh darn, heh) Well this plate was the first one I made and that is a Cali roll with a few Tuna pieces.



This is the second one I made and this one is all spicy Tuna roll. There was a second spicy tuna roll, but I decided to actually eat the sushi I made instead of taking pictures of it.



This is the place setting of everything except the last plate of the second spicy tuna roll. Man this was a lot on food, and I just barely got it down, heh.

Well from what I have learned in this wonderful experience is:

1. I can actually make my own Sushi, and it is MUCH cheaper!
2. It took me a total of 2 1/2 hours to make it all, and it was just barely still cold when I ate it all...in other words, next time I will make it with other people.
3. Real crab meat in a Cali roll is much better than the imitation you get in the restaurants.
4. I love rice cookers
5. I will probably only do this for special acceding due to the amount of time it takes and the number of dishes I had to clean, hew
6. Sushi is still a love of mine!!!!

throaty is Indian food, so I will let you all know how that goes and hopefully that is be a little less time consuming, hew.

Oh BTW: I am not sure if you noticed the drink on the table, but it is my favorite soft drink made here in Santa Fe!!! The company is Blue Sky Soda and the Drink is
Cherry Vanilla cream!!!! Oh man it is good, but I found in Whole Foods three new flavors that I have fallen for and one of them is on par with Cherry Vanilla Cream! They are, Orange Cream (wow this Orange Cream is not listed on their website...And I do know you can only get this Orange Cream @ whole foods here in Santa Fe, so it makes me think this is a special one, heh), Prime Lime Cream, and the one that is on par with Cherry vanilla is Very Berry Cream!!!!!

Well, I found Cherry Vanilla Cream one time in West Texas, and then I found it one time in KY, but that was a rare thing, but now I know they have this organic stuff, if you have a Whole Foods anywhere near, then you might have a good chance to get these!

Jay Update:

I talked to Jay this afternoon and he was doing VERY good! He said that yesterday was the last Rituxan treatment for that course (course II), so that means he has 4 more (21 days long each) treatments to go. KUTP!!!!!!

Thank you again. I wrote a devotional that I will put up soon, but I wrote it a while ago and I wonder if it will post it on today's date or if it will post it on the date I saved it as a draft..well, just be looking for it in the future.

Yall take care and God bless you all!

No comments: