Saturday, July 17, 2004

Happy Decemberween!

For those of you who even know me slightly (and have not figured it out yet by the strange title of my blog) I am just a little different. heh.

When I was in High School people would ask me who my heroes were and my response was (and still is, but I have added a few)

Jesus Christ
Weird Al Yankovic
Albert Einstein

and now I have added:

All of my family (especially Tiffany)
Alton Brown
A few Pastors I have had along the way

So it should not be too much of a suprise that HomestarRunner.com is right up my alley way. Their humor is very....uh...different, but clean! It is similar to The Far Side (oh look they have videos now!), it is very weird, but very funny if you actually know what they are talking about. Kind of like a lot of jokes on the products (like their tee-shirts) sold @ thinkgeek.com.

Well, go to Homestarrunner.com and you can see Decemberween. It is a lot of shorts that they have created that are very funny. There is also a great HomeStarRunner/The Might Be Giants video on right now too. But hurry because right now you can access these from
the home page (look at the changing ellipse in the top right corner)......and they update it every Monday so it (the stuff of the changing ellispse) might change Sunday night or Monday. It will still be there after Monday, but you might have to go searching for it on the site.

Oh BTW, I was looking around foodtv.com and a great Southern Cook named Paula Deen loves to cook good old fatten'n southern-fried, sugar-filled, comfort food. Well, I was looking at her
product area on FoodTV.com and you should read some of the tee-shirts and aprons they are selling there. You can see them here. My favorite one is, "elbow lickin' good!" Ha Ha Ha! Now you know that is good food then, heh. a few others are: "worth the weight", and "Put some south in your mouth". Oh man those are funny!

OK, I am making myself very hungry! I think I will go try the only BBQ place in Santa Fe today (Cow Girl Hall Of Fame), I hope it just tries to come close to anything in TX. Man, I miss those places that you can just walk up to the pit, point out the brisket, chicken, sausage, etc... that you want then walk inside for them to throw on the tater salad, coleslaw, a few raw onion rings, cherry peppers, and then give you a glass of sweet tea that is really a jelly jar with a glass handle that is the size of a pitcher in most restaurants. Then you take two trips to your table.

One to carry your food and then another one to carry your drink. Once you sit down you see that there is a roll of paper towels for your napkin, and an entire loaf of bread that has been opened by someone just cutting the plastic on the top from end to end............then................you eat!

OK, I am starving now, so I will leave you all knowing that I love ya, and have spent my entire morning this morning praying for you (all those who read this blog). How many blogs out there can tell you that?! Oh yeah, your blessed, ha ha. bye bye.

(No Jay Update....yet, because I have not called him, so just KUTP! Thanks!

I will leave you all with a few closings that you can use when saying good bye to people when you are chatting online:

->bye
->buh bye
->lata
->lata playa
->gtg (got to go)
->brb (be right back)
->peace
->one love, one God, one way (quote of a Christian rap artist)
->fkjsakdfjaISJFDAKSJF (my personal favorite, heh)
->(enter your name) out! (for example, "D.G. Out!")
->10-4
->Ok Im back (heh this one always gets them)
->Or my favorite one of late told to me from my good friend soon to be Dr. John Choi who said this to me as the last thing before he quite the convo, "D.G. Harums will you marry me?". I bet I talked to him for about 7 or 8 more lines of how it just would not work out, and he never IMed me back....that's mean just mean!!!*



*this last good bye message is true, but John and I joke around all the time, so please understand it is all a joke. Thanks for understanding. heh.

Oh and lastly, blogger.com has changed the way I input my posts here on the blog and for some reason the spell check is not working properly and it locks up on me when I try to post. The post gets up for everyone, but I never know that unless I check the main blog site, so if the spelling is way off, it is because...yep I am that bad of a speller and I need help...from programs, heh. Sorry, and I hope they get it fixed soon. (It might be FireFox too, but I will look into that)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon brah, spell him right:
"Weird Al" YankovicTHOR
- http://thor.hypermart.net

DGH said...

Thanks Thor!

Yeah I found out tha the spell check does not work with FireFox, but does work with IE, So I will just be using FireFox for my surfing and IE for my blogging.

Thank you, and sorry for the rest of you who have to put up with my spelling and death to the proper English language, heh.

Anonymous said...

Deh Heh,
Three things:
1. First of all, I'm not one of your heroes? That just hurts, man! I deserve hero status just for being the go-between for you & Tiffo during the first year of your, uh, "relationship".
2. You're not going to find BBQ like that in Santa Fe. You gotta go to Texas. Like San Angelo, Llano, or my backyard in San Antonio.
3. The greatest sign-off in the world is "I love you in the most manly, Christian heterosexual way possible!" Of course, now that I think about it, it's probably not as cool as "Will you marry me?"
Take care!
CB

DGH said...

Cody:

You are totally correct!

1. I love you ITMMHCWP, is one I should not have left off!
2. The Cow Girl Hall of Fame is not too bad, but still not Texas..the thing that killed me was when I asked for Sweet Tea....WHAT???!!! No Sweet trea, and you cal yourself a BBQ place? Oh man the horror!
3. Sorry man, you have not reached hero status...yet. Heh! Thanks for being a grerat friend to both of us during that time, but if it makes you feel better then know that Jesus (who is a hero) was working in you and through you during that time, heh.

Thanks for the corrections!