Wednesday, October 03, 2007

so next week life should look a litle more normal....maybe...


(photo by B Tal)
Well for those of you who don't know, My parents have been visiting us for a month!!! It has been awesome getting to see them and be with them, and I would not have traded there visit for the world, but it has messed up our schedules a little bit here and there, but it is so worth it. And last week we went with them to Washington D.C., and Tiffany and my Mom had never been there before, so that was an awesome experience too!


(I promise pictures are coming, I just need to find some time)

And, so this weekend I will be traveling to Nashville to attend the EmergingUMC: a Gathering. Gary and I will be speaking, and the entire gathering will provide a bunch of presenters that are doing "Emerging/missional" Kingdom work. Taylor intentionally desired to bring in people who are doing and being the work and not so much those that stay in the ideology realm. So, I am looking forward to getting to know and meet fellow co-servants in the Kingdom and hopefully sharing a little bit about what God is doing in Th3 Waters and I believe in the UMC, and the Kingdom as a whole. I hope to blog a little bit more often while I am down there.



Oh and Did I mention that Halo3 came out and I beat it last night! I did not get to play it at all the week it came out due to the trip, and so Brad (a GREAT FRIEND) decided that he would play it through with me online and let me experience the main game, before I started to get too deep into multiplayer. So anyway... if you are a halo3 fan...be sure to beat it on Legendary, there is a different

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So..... the prodigal blogger returns...

Heh heh... sounds like you had a great trip, bro! And I can't wait to hear all about EmergingUMC!

Jamey said...

DG-wish I could make it to Nashville tomorrow. I am in Bangelore, India and won't fly in until Sat. night. Scott Lees and I are emerging people in a megachurch setting (oxymoron?). We're at Christ Church Memphis and lead a service called the Hour. Let's talk after the conference. . .

gavin richardson said...

hope you are enjoying your time in nashvegas!

Fitz said...

How has your conference been? I hope good. Catalyst has been excellent! I know in the past you called it a church growth conference, but it is far from that. It is a very challenging conference with great worship and fun creativity. I hope your week has gone well...

DGH said...

Yeah ha ha... Markus....

Jamey, lets talk..sounds good!

Gavin it was so nice to get to meet you in person!

Fitz, I left you a comment on your blog, heh.

Anonymous said...

D.G. and Tiffany, Daddy and I more than enjoyed being with you both. Our vacation was so much more enjoyable having our precious kids to enjoy everything with us. It was a great trip and I hope it gave you and Tiffany and new perspective on the historical events in our wonderful U.S. and on the many displays of mankind's attempts at great art and science. Love you both so much.

DGH said...

thank you and Daddy sooo much Momma! love you too and thanks for reading the blog!