Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A few photos from the past few days....

Well, life is moving along nicely. We have unpacked the majority of boxes that were already in the house when we made the first move and now we just need to start tackling the boxes that are taken up our garage space! Right now we can not park either car in it and it is killing me...I am not one of those people that use their garage fr storage...it is a 2 car garage and I want to use it for that purpose. So, still we have lots of work ahead, but it is al happening and going well.

I mowed the lawn yesterday before the rain and cold temps hit, and I realized that was the first time I mowed a lawn since High School. (the past few years we were in school, living in Santa Fe (where there is no grass), or living in the parsonage in Cold Spring where the church paid for someone to come and mow it for us...and so we had to go buy a lawn mower and I mowed yesterday.

(man it really hurts when you have to buy something that you know you need, but will always hate using it) ha ha ha ha.....

Well, OK here are the pictures I promised:

Flowers @ Florence UMC
Here was the flowers in front of Florence UMC last Sunday... man thsis was amazing! I think that it might die now with the next 5-6 days dropping below freezing, but it sure was nice to look at while it lasted!

Dome @ St. E's
I love st. E.'s and I do not think that I could take enough pictures of the building... I really love it there...so here is a few straight up looking at it's highest dome window.

(if anyone is interested please join us @ the Easter Vigil to be held there this Saturday evening from 9:00pm til 12:00 midnight...for more info go to Th3 Harbor.

bad repair job
i saw this car in the parking lot of Joseph-Beth Booksellers, and man I had to take a picture of it...what a repair job!! nice tape work going on there...I just had to show of someone's skills at car repair. (this is almost as god as Tiffany's Dad fixing the paint job of his car with a Sharpie marker.

And ow for the highlight of the week (so far)
For anyone that does not know this about me....I LOVE the weather!!! i serisouly considered being a meteorologist growing up along with a chef, Dr., and Christian Music marketing man).... but the weather has always thrilled me...mostly because growing up in West TX tornadoes are a fact of live each year right around this time of year...and man, if I was not chasing them, I was wanting to... and that is how I got my love of weather... well, one day while looking at a book about clouds, I saw an amazing cloud formation that I thought was just too cool. They were called Mammatus Clouds! (to learn more about them just follow that link) And I saw something that looked like this picture:(yes, this is a real picture)


And that is why I freaked out yesterday when I got to see these clouds in the sky with my very own eyes, and I had to take my own pictures of them:

Mammatus cloud #3

Mammatus cloud #1

and lastly:
Mammatus cloud #2

So needless to say my day was awesome yesterday! Anywho... I hope your Holy weeek is going well! I know it will get very busy starting tomorrow night for me:
Thursday: Maunday Thursday Worship 7:30 pm
Friday: Friday night OG
Saturday: Easter Vigil 9p-12midnight
Sunday sunrise: 7am
Sunday 2 services: 9a and 11a
Sunday evening OG: 5p
and then Monday OG: 7:30p

So, I don't know what your weekend looks like, but I hope it is not as tiring as mine will be, but more importantly... I pray that you do worship somewhere this weekend, and may you be blessed so you like Abraham before you can be a blessing to others! KUTPs!!!!

Here is a video of the clouds too:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! those clouds were textbook!! That is really rare. I also loved the white tree and flowers at your church. The dome glass window was unusual, too. I hope you don't have to recall memories of any car wreck like that. We love you and thank you very much for excellent pictures. !!! Love, MOm

DGH said...

Lov eyou Momma! and actually I think that the one picture of the clouds is not mine...but the other ones were...anyway thanks!